Teaching English classes to members of the team. Translating the website, app and documents from French to English, Spanish and Portuguese. Writing blog posts for The Daily Wiz and managing Facebook and Twitter account. Looking for new Wizbii members.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Fantastic placement with a fantastic workforce! As an International Communication Assistant, I worked with all of the teams in areas of marketing, communication and translation. Great support throughout my learning process and felt like one of the team from the first day!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt that my work was noticed and appreciated as I made progress.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager changed various times throughout my placement, but everyone was very supportive and would work on strategies so that I could get what I wanted from the job.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Fairly busy all week. There was always something to be getting on with which was great, as I like to keep busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Lots of responsibility. I was in charge of initially translating everything into English with very few people who had a good enough level of English to check what I was doing. I was also in charge of my own schedule which gave me confidence straight away.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
All of the skills learnt on this placement will come in handy during my final year of studies and when applying and working for other companies in the future. It was a great position to gain lots of experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A bit cliché but it was like a family. I didn't feel like I was going to work. Open office with a kitchen and sofa areas. All of the team were working in the same room which made the atmosphere a lovely environment to work in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Considering how last minute the placement was, it was very well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Very much. I would have regular meetings with my managers and would always be asked what I would like to change and how I am finding it. They really care about their employees.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very, if they ever get offices in the UK I would happily work for them again.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
My social life improved drastically thanks to this placement. Frequent nights out, lunches out, in-office parties...
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
France in general is fairly expensive, and on a rather low salary, it wasn't the cheapest place to live in. However, it is not so expensive that you can't go out for lunch etc
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not bad, lots of pubs/bars stay open to 2/3 and there's a couple of clubs that stay open till the morning. Cheap and always busy!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?