Summer Intern at Aon

Leeds Yorkshire and Humberside
Actuarial Banking - Investment Economics

9.3/10

9.4

I worked for Aon Hewitt in the investment practice. I worked primarily with the client group who advise trustees of pension schemes where to invest the money. The main tasks I was involved in were producing the bespoke quarterly reports for clients. I also had the opportunity to complete various other miscellaneous work that colleagues would pass onto me.

The internship was extremely enjoyable. The office were really friendly and the work interesting. I would definitely recommend it.

The office were really welcoming and always helped when I was stuck (which was quite a lot of the time!)

My Manager was really supportive and held regular meeting to make sure there were no problems.

I always had work to do and whenever I was quiet, a quick email round the office for work would quickly fill up my desk!

I was part of the team and had exactly the same responsibility as a new graduate. All my work was thoroughly checked, but that is the same for everyone.

The skills I developed will help me greatly in my finance models next year. The knowledge I have gained about financial markets and the investment sector will greatly help me in my future career.

I really enjoyed my time in the Leeds office. There were plenty of opportunities in the office to socialise via sport or go for a drink after work.

The internship was organised well and I was kept informed of any changes or up and coming events by the graduate recruitment team. The internship had a clear structure and I recieved lots of information before I started on what would be expected from me.

The frim invested a lot of time and money into my development. I frequently was involved in interesting meetings with fund managers and investment training events inside the company.

Aon are a massive company are growing very quickly. I would consider future employment highly appealing.

We were put into 8 groups of around 7 interns and each assigned a project. This gave us the opportunity to socialise and work with interns from all offices, not just the interns in your office.

Can pick up a room for a relatively cheap price.

Leeds is pretty good. Got a great reputation.

Lots of sport, quizes and general office socials every two months.