7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Although this varied generally the atmosphere was great. Everyone is friendly and happy to help where possible. this was especially evident among the graduate employees and the other placement students. There is also a subsidized sports and social club.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
During the placement everything ran smoothly however sometimes certain aspects of paperwork had to be chased. Also before the start of the placement i had to chase several time for certain bits of information from a certain member of the staff without reply, however when i was passed onto someone else this issue was resolved.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was given 2 weeks of fairly extensive training at the start of the placement. There was also a lot of training during the placement as in all the departments everyone was willing to help me to improve my proficiency in all the software. there was a large focus of development from the start.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
This would depend on the department as i enjoyed some more than others but the atmosphere and the focus on development makes it a very appealing place to work.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Almost all the placement students and graduates i met were very friendly and there is a great amount of social interaction both inside and outside of the workplace. there was however no pressure.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
This very much depends on what area you choose to live most placement and graduates live in the same area (Moseley), although this is not compulsory, which is a very nice area but reasonably priced housing. Trains and buses to the city centre are fairly average priced and there is plenty to do there.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Birmingham is a great city with plenty to do. the bars and clubs are mostly good depending on what area your in but the drinks can be very expensive.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There is a subsidised social club which offers a range of activities from rock climbing to go-karting. There were also several separate events organised for the new placement students in order to integrate them as well as possible into the company.
Imagine yourself working at Autodesk
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Autodesk