Summer Placement Rotation Student at Deloitte

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

8.6/10

9.6

6.5

During the placement I spent some time in audit and some in tax to get a feel for each service line. Whilst in audit I had a lot of client exposure and carried out tasks similar to what an associate would. In tax I spent time preparing corporate tax returns and researching topical tax issues. I was also asked to make a small presentation in my last week to senior people in the office. It was more of a chance for them to see what you thought of the scheme really. During the last week I had a partner inteview for a graduate position in 2009 which I got on the condition I get a 2:1!

I really enjoyed the job. I met lots of new people which I am still in touch with after finishing. The pay was also the best I've ever had! The hours were sociable too.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

I felt that both associates and managers were approachable and helpful if I had any issues.

I met regulary with senior management with regards to the summer scheme in general and the managers on the job I was on reviewed my work on a daily basis.

Some days were busier than others but all in all the workload was pretty steady. I was often given deadlines that were easily attainable.

I was given the same repsponsibility as a new graduate and was made to fell like one of the team.

Hopefully.... If I get a 2:1 they will come in very useful!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

The Aberdeen office is one of the smaller offices and they often did things collectively rather than by service line which was good.

The placement scheme was well organised by HR. They sent out regular e-mails keeping us up to date before we started and also checked up on us during also.

The first week comprised of a 4 day skill session in Birmingham with all the placement students outside London followed by a 2 day Scotland & Northern Ireland IT and service line industion in Glasgow. All in all, not cheap!

I have been offered a grad job here and will not be applying to any other professional service firm as I thoroughly enjoyed my placement and I think it was a fairly good insight to what it would be like to be permanantly emloyed there.

There were three placement student in the office along with a few new graduates and industrial placement students which was good as there were people in the same position as me.

Salarly more than covered my cost of living... actually managed to save some money this summer!

Nightlife in Aberdeen is ok, not as good as Glasgow...

There was a corporate decathlon thing running while I was there included golf, cycling etc