Banking and Capital Markets Audit at EY

Banking/Finance

EY is a Top Employer

6.4/10

My main role was to help out various audit teams at Ernst & Young. My two clients were Lehman Brothers and ABN Amro. At Lehman Brothers, I helped the team photocopy and scan documents to offshore to an external team in India; read over a Consolidation Report of one of Lehman's subsidiary companies, and attended various client meetings. At ABN Amro, I helped the team to scan documents into the database, cross-reference documents and also attach documents to the database. I also had a chance to engage in SOX Controls Testings, where I ensured the Controls that ABN have in place are sufficient to mitigate any risks to its business.

One of aims of the internship was to develop a greater understanding of the role of an auditor, and to see what they do on a day-to-day basis. In that respect, my aims have been achieved. One criticisim I have is that, at times, there was not enough work available.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

I felt like I was genuinely contributing to the team and that I was a valued member of the team. I received good feedback at all times, and was given help and support whenever I needed it.

I felt that management treated me like any other of the team.

At times, I was extremely busy, and at other times I literally had nothing to do. This is the biggest (and only) criticism I have of the internship. It would have been good if there was a consistent level of work available throughout the internship.

I was, of course, given a very gentle introduction into auditing. I was not given a great of responsibility early on. However, as the weeks progressed, I've been given more technical work (with greater responsibility attached). I feel that the other team members trust me to do the work well.

It will be very helpful. I've gained a great deal of personal skills - communication, teamwork, time management. I've also, of course, developed my knowledge of auditing and also of the finance industry. I'm sure these skills will serve me well in future.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

Very pleasant. The teams were very friendly, and good relations were kept with the clients.

Very well organised indeed, from the placements at the various client sites to the weekly socials. The attention to detail was immaculate.

A large extent. Ernst & Young has provided a great opportunity for me to develop my understanding of the audit process. They will in future of course invest a good deal more in me when I'll be studying for the the professional qualification.

Very appealing. The prospect of building my career at Ernst & Young leaves me salivating.

Quite dear, but that is expected of living in London.

Very good.

Yes, the weekly socials were tremendously fun and allowed all the interns to get to know one another.