This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.
- The Vacation Scheme offered by RPC gives a genuine, valuable insight into how the firm operates and the type of lawyer who can succeed at the firm. - Throughout the scheme the firm looked to include all participants in a variety of areas of law, and also demonstrated the life outside the firm with social events organised throughout the scheme.
- Everyone at RPC was incredibly friendly and welcoming and it was clear that the firm values the Vacation Scheme as an invaluable opportunity to look at potential future trainees. - The tasks assigned to vacation schemers were often small parts of actual cases and the opportunity to experience real responsibility was abundant.
- Throughout the Vacation scheme, everyone at the firm was willing to chat and discuss the firm, from trainees to the Senior Partner! - Along with organised meetings and many impromptu coffees, it really felt like the firm were seeking to support schemers throughout the process and make sure they got the best from their time with the firm.
- The chance to experience real-life work within a commercial law firm was priceless in terms of preparing for future work. - Seeing how a firm operates and the need for quality and efficiency highlights how a budding lawyer should be dividing their time whilst at work and how to approach complex tasks.
- The Vacation Scheme offered by RPC was well structured, with introduction sessions and support sessions getting to know the IT requirements, before moving swiftly into real work in departments. - This time was divided with group projects and social events but nothing felt rushed and there was plenty of time to experience all the firm had to offer.
- The general atmosphere of the firm was very friendly and welcoming, with everyone willing to chat to the vacation schemers, but it was also clear that the work was of utmost importance, with a combined collective drive to succeed and move forward as a firm.
- There were many sessions put on by the firm aiming to improve skills in networking and group projects. - The work in specific departments was supported well by the incumbent lawyers who took the time to explain any projects and how to approach the work effectively.
- RPC has a clear vision for the type of firm it aims to be and this trickles down into their vacation scheme. - Along with the time spent experience the real life work of the firm, sessions were given to explain the realities of trainee life and the culture which the firm seeks to foster within its employees.
- The vacation scheme was priceless in getting a bigger picture of the firm's culture. - It was clear what culture was prevalent within the office just by working there, and along with specific sessions looking at how RPC has sought to cultivate this culture, the overarching culture found on their website was clearly present within the firm.
- The Vacation Scheme gave a valuable insight into the work of a law firm, both specifically RPC and in general. - Having undertaken this scheme it was clear what was necessary as an individual to succeed within this career path.
- Throughout the Vacation Scheme, RPC offered plenty of opportunities to meet other employees of the firm at every level, with specific networking events organised and social events with the trainees. - As well as this, throughout the scheme, everyone at RPC was willing to chat and discuss the firm with vacation schemers informally.
- Very good, with plenty of opportunities to meet employees of all levels in the company in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere which encouraged conversation.
- RPC were quick to tell us of both social events and charitable events outside of work, with plenty of opportunity to become involved, from the Christmas Dinner to Charity Runs and sports teams.
- Definitely, the extent to which RPC commits to this Vacation Scheme makes it an invaluable tool both for applicants to experience the firm in real life, and the work which goes on there, but also for the firm to look at prospective trainees and consider how they would really fit in at the firm.
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)
3rd November 2015