at BDO

Glasgow Scotland

BDO is a Top Employer

9.0/10

I worked within the tax department. I was given a list of clients and was responsible for completing their tax returns. I was also involved in corporation tax, VAT and employment tax.

I had to complete a client project which involved researching their industry, company background, SWOT analysis and what our firm could offer.

Another project required involved another 5 interns from offices around the UK where we devised a graduate recruitment campaign and presented to various partners and BDO staff members in London.

The internship involved three trips to London for training, behavioral skills workshops and a CR day which was very useful.

It was never a struggle to get motivated to go to work and was more a case of where did they day go as appose to time dragging in.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

I was always thanked for the work I completed and was given a very generous gift from the people I have worked with at the end of the internship,

I was able to approach staff at all levels including partners for support and help with the work I was completing.

The list of clients and projects ensured I always had work to be done.

The team allowed me to take full responsibility for the work I was undertaking. I often had to phone clients and HMRC to discuss issues.

The training given on the trips to London as well as in the office was very useful both for the internship and the future.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

Everyone was very friendly.

The internship was really well organized.

££££££££

Hopefully I will have a job offer in the next few weeks.

On the trips to London we were out for dinner and the pub every night.

London is very expensive, much cheaper when working in Glasgow.

Glasgow and London. Excellent night life.

Played football with the guys, CR day in London, Friday night drinks in the office