1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The experience was thoroughly challenging and engaging! Everyday I was given new tasks, and was always learning.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From day one, I felt part of the team and was able to have an impact on the brand in which I was working. Whenever I requested more responsibility, the team were willing to provide new projects and the training necessary to excel.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Training was provided at every stage, and a semi-annual review ensured that I was able to work on any weaknesses identified.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It was a very demanding job, but also very rewarding!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Responsibility was given from the first week, where interns were expected to work on key strategic projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I learnt from my placement have proven very useful for my studies, particularly modules related to business.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Lively, energetic and very social. I found colleagues to very sociable, which made networking very easy in the business!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was rather well organised, with key meetings established for interns throughout the 12 months to review progress. Furthermore, the structure ensured that interns could undertake additional project based work where requested!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was a good degree of investment in the interns, and this has been increased since the end of my placement!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, as L'Oreal is consistently ranked as one of the best businesses both nationally and globally! Furthermore, for talented individuals, I often saw that they were offered graduate scheme contracts upon completion of the placement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The HR team provided numerous opportunities for interns to socialise through corporate socials to sports day events!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
A little bit expensive, but cheaper than zone 1 (London), and the social atmosphere in the office trickled over into the surrounding area, ensuring that there was always a good number of things to do with colleagues outside of work in Hammersmith!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Vibrant and affordable! There were plenty of great bars nearby.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?