1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
L'Oreal has a fast-paced, innovative and entrepreneurial culture which I have found particularly exciting to work within over the past year.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Employees at all levels are very much encouraged to share their opinions and ideas, to challenge the status-quo and implement new ideas or improvements where/ when possible. Interns are highly valued within the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Weekly catch-ups with my manager were a great forum for reviewing progress, setting objectives and discussing any issues or asking for guidance when necessary. All members of my time were approachable and I was encouraged to ask for support from any member when needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My workload was challenging and enabled me to utilise and develop prioritisation and time management skills, whilst maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Interns are given the responsibility of a full time employee from day 1. In my experience, my responsibilities were increased throughout the year as I strengthened within the role which ensured my role remained challenging and motivating.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Skills such as team work, time management, prioritisation where all strengthened during my placement and will be invaluable throughout my final year at University.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
L'Oreal created an intern committee with roles such as social secretary, sports secretary and newsletter editors who ensured the intern community were well connected.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living and socialising in London can be relatively expensive however there are many different activities which are free or low-cost.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?