Supply Chain Intern at L'Oreal

Logistics and Operations

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

7.6/10

7.6

L'Oreal has a fast-paced, innovative and entrepreneurial culture which I have found particularly exciting to work within over the past year.

Employees at all levels are very much encouraged to share their opinions and ideas, to challenge the status-quo and implement new ideas or improvements where/ when possible. Interns are highly valued within the company.

Weekly catch-ups with my manager were a great forum for reviewing progress, setting objectives and discussing any issues or asking for guidance when necessary. All members of my time were approachable and I was encouraged to ask for support from any member when needed.

My workload was challenging and enabled me to utilise and develop prioritisation and time management skills, whilst maintaining a healthy work-life balance.

Interns are given the responsibility of a full time employee from day 1. In my experience, my responsibilities were increased throughout the year as I strengthened within the role which ensured my role remained challenging and motivating.

Skills such as team work, time management, prioritisation where all strengthened during my placement and will be invaluable throughout my final year at University.

L'Oreal created an intern committee with roles such as social secretary, sports secretary and newsletter editors who ensured the intern community were well connected.

The cost of living and socialising in London can be relatively expensive however there are many different activities which are free or low-cost.