1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were extremely approachable making me feel like I was part of the team from day 1.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My direct line manager was always available to talk however busy she was.Then her manager was also tried to make herself available. She even helped me one on one on numerous occasions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy, I was trusted with a number of varied tasks. Being kept busy and under constant time pressures was brilliant for me and has helped me learn to manage my time more efficiently.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
After the first week, I was given full responsibility in all tasks.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt some very valuable skills that I can take forward such as time management, communicating with senior employers and excel skills I can take forward.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Excellent, everyone is very friendly and is willing to help you if you ask. In the office that I worked there is always a buzz and a productive atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
it was really well organised, within a day I was set up with my laptop and within a week I had been assigned tasks and knew about the company structure and what was planned for me in the coming 3 months.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was sent on a 3 day training programme that was one of the best things that I did in the time at Atos. It taught me a lot about myself and my style of working.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
they are looking really positive. I have had follow up conversations and am in the process of applying for a graduate role. There is good movement between jobs, whilst I did a placement in HR, I am looking to move across to consulting, this is something that Atos are keen on, internal movement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Whilst I did make a few friends with people on the graduate scheme, the new intake of interns was only happening as I was leaving so I was unfortunate with my timing.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive in comparison to where I am living in Leeds. This is just what you should expect to the further down south you go and the closer to London.There are places that you can eat and drink for cheap, you just have to look a a bit harder.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I travelled home at the weekend so I didn't sample the nightlife.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
there were plenty of events on that you can get involved in ranging from sports to charity events.