HR Recruitment Associate at Bank of England

Bank
Human Resources

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for Bank of England

4.8/5

4.8

- I was apart of the recruitment team for the Bank of England where I dealt with all types of annual recruitment i.e. Graduate, Sandwich placements, Alevel entrants and PhD's and I was given the responsibility to run and manage various aspects. I also took part in the selection centres which included interviewing candidates and administering different selection centre events. - I also got involved in experienced hire recruitment and day-to-day tasks.

I really enjoyed my year at the Bank of England, I was given amazing opportunitiese and responsiblities. I felt very valued within my role.

I had a very strong relationship with my team, I was welcomed into the team from the very beginning and was given support throughout all of my tasks. My line manager was a very good mentor and we became good friends during my time at the Bank of England.

I was fully trainined for my role before starting any tasks and I had a constant support network that would help me if I became stuck. Everyone was happy to help.

I was given a lot of work to do on a daily basis but not so much that I got stressed out with the workload. I had a good balance of work so that everyday was different. I never found myself looking for more work.

I was given alot of responsibility. I was given annual rounds that I was responsible for organising and monitoring to ensure everything ran smoothly. I was trusted to interview candidates from all different levels and was exposed to senior management regularlly.

I feel that the skills that I have learnt from the Bank of England will help with my final year at university and in my current internship role. I have developed skills for life and have learnt alot from members of the team that I worked in.

The office was open planned and everyone was very friendly and happy at all times. Everyone was very approachable. Senior management also valued my opinons and had an open door approach.

Everything that I needed was in place, I couldnt fault the on-boarding process and the structure to my placement. I was given clear objectives at regular intervals and feedback on a daily basis that helped develop my skills.

I was given SHL training so I was able to administer tests to candidates, I was also fully trained in interviewing. I completed my ECDL to help me improve my excel skills with the option to complete my AECDL. Any training that I felt necessary for my role was given to me.

There is no fast track to the Graduate scheme for any of the Sandwich placements. However, if you apply for the Graduate positions for after university they will ensure you go to the first round if all minimum requirements are met. I would consider a role at the Bank of England within HR.

There is an excellent network with all other Sandwich students and you are encoraged to meet with them socially. There was alwasy someone to go out with.

For London the prices were cheap after work to go for drinks as most local bars did happy hours. As the canteen had a wide variety, I never needed to buy food outside.

Around Bank station is very central to a wide variety of nightlife, especially on a Thursday or Friday night.

There was a large network of social clubs that were available to all staff to get involved with. Alot of people would join sports teams that trained at the Bank of Englands Sports club in Roehampton. Alot of opportunities to get invovled.