HR Intern at Rothschild & Co

Human Resources

6.8/10

6.0

6.0

I was an intern in the HR department. I did a rotation through all the different teams within the HR department so I could gain an experience of every aspect of the work they do.

I really enjoyed my placement. I got to see a variety of different roles within the HR department and the team were really helpful and happy to include me in everything they did.

I felt valued by my colleagues to a large extent. They included me in all of their tasks and everyone took time to explain what they were doing and were happy to answer any questions I had.

To a significant extent. Within each team of the HR department all of the managers and supervisors were keen to involve me and gave me direction whenever was required.

I was really busy. They gave me my own project to do which meant that whenever I had finished the tasks for the team I was in, I could keep going with that.

I was given responsibility for my own project. I really enjoyed that because it gave me a way of getting to meet a variety of people within the company, not just the department, and allowed me autonomy in the decisions I made.

There was such a variety of skills that I learnt at Rothschild. From as little as working in an office for the first time, to going out and making relevant contacts within the business, they were invaluable. The provided a constructive setting which allowed me to do this for myself but was entirely supported through the whole process.

It was really nice. It was quite relaxed and friendly. Whilst everyone was busy, everyone took time to engage with everyone and were interested in each other. There was cross-departmental engagement between all of the teams meaning that there was a strong team atmosphere across the department.

The organised was great. The team had planned for me to visit each department on a rotation but within that there was some flexibility which allowed for me to stay in bits I enjoyed for a little bit longer.

Each team within HR took time to show me their processes and weekly tasks. They showed me the computer programmes and systems that they use to ensure I could use them when I visited other teams. They were also keen to involve me in a range of extra activities that they were doing out with the office.

As they don't run a graduate programme there is no direct link into future employment. However, I am currently discussing helping them with certain tasks a couple hours a week.

As I was the only person in the HR department, I didn't see the other placement students as much but we did do a handful of things throughout the placement.

It was pretty average for London.

There was lots of pubs and bars.

There was a few opportunities throughout the placement - it completely depend ended on the week and how busy the team was.