9.5/10

9.7
  • Organisation
    9.6
  • Socialising
  2. Had a great year - I learnt a lot and got to meet and work with some great people! Doing a placement at Roche was one of the best decisions I ever made. I then rejoined Roche permanently after completing my studies and have been there ever since! (over 10 years)

4. I was made to feel part of the team from Day 1 and was encouraged and supported by all of my peers

6. I needed lots of guidance initially and my supervisors were very supportive

8. I was kept very busy - in fact I found this help me with my focus during my final year... I was used to staying focused and working hard 9-5 every day and kept to the same routine when back at University.

9. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  10. I was given a lot more responsibility than I thought I would have been! This increased my learning and also my engagement.

12. Without doubt it helped me with my final year (in terms of knowledge but also confidence). It also helped put me onto the path of the career I have today in the Pharmaceutical industry

14. Everyone worked hard, but also played hard! It was lots of fun

15. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?

16. 9/10

18. I was sent on internal and external training courses during the year and also had a great mentor assigned

20. Subsidised Canteen

Company Parties/Events

Staff Sales/Staff Shop

Above 25 days holiday

Healthcare/Dental

21. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  22. I rejoined after my placement and have been there since (over 10 years) , moving around and working at 4 different locations around the world

24. It was great - when I joined there were a number of other placement students and recent graduates that joined at the same time and we had lots of fun

25. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  26. Compared to Sheffield it was more expensive, but the salary helped balance that out

28. Very close to London (where we went nearly every Thursday night!)

30. Lots of sports activities