Business Assurance Intern at BDO

7.1/10

7.3
7.4

6.5

I spent eight weeks in one of the Audit Departments at BDO in London. My work included acting as a junior on site preparing different parts of the audit report and working in theo ffice, completing work for whoever needed it!

I had a really good expirience and was able to take on a variety of work, from the slightly mundane (ticking boxes!) to more advanced work as well.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

There was always lots of work to do, no chance of getting bored! This meant I felt valued because I was doing *actual* work that they needed rather than just jobs to keep me busy.

I was given a councilling manager as well as a graduate 'buddy' and was also able to speak to the senior members of my audit teams while on site.

Very busy! There was plenty of work to be done, as the Audit department was quite hierarchical so there was plenty pitched at an undergrad/graduate level for me.

At the beginning there was not a lot of responsibility, but once I found my feet I was given the chance to complete more complex work (with lots of people around to ask if I was stuck of course!)

Definitely will help me with a career in Audit, as the work was very similar to that of a first year graduate.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

Very friendly and open, felt it was really easy to ask questions if I was stuck. Lots of cake!

It was pretty well organised with training in the first week and later as well, however there were a few teething problems with some information not getting through to us but that was sorted out.

One week's training at the beginning of the internship, followed by three days in the middle and a further 2 at the end.

I'd be very happy working for them as a graduate!

Yes, interns from all over the country came down for the training sessions.

Expensive - but I lived with my parents so not so bad!

Very good - central/west london on the doorstep of Oxford Street!

Yes - attended Football Trip to Nottingham with the whole company to compete in an inter-office tournament. Also drinks on the final day.