Summer Analyst at Rothschild & Co

City of London Central London and City
Accountancy Banking/Finance

7.7/10

6.5

Financial advisory analyst in the FIG sector team.

Internship made very enjoyable by a range of interesting work and a supportive team.

Junior and senior colleagues generally provided feedback and congratulated me on good work.

Had regular contact with my team leader and buddy who worked hard to make my placement as interesting and enjoyable as possible.

Workload varied week to week but I had the opportunity to communicate with staffer when I had too much / too little work - my feedback was always acted upon.

Given plenty of responsibility and interesting projects. Was asked to stand in for an associate while they were on holiday.

Training at the beginning of the program was useful and helped me especially as I had no accounting background. Improved my time management & teamworking skills during the internship.

Friendly atmosphere.

Good organisation with regular events organised by HR. Enjoyed the weekly presentations from other teams in the bank.

Firm gave me a good opportunity to be involved on high profile projects in which it took time to get me up to speed.

Offered a job to begin in July 2016.

People had varying work hours so not so much opportunity for social events.

Expensive cost of living and socialising due to office location. Good amount of shops / restaurants nearby.

Good choice of venues to go for drinks after work.

Limited amount of time for other opportunities, however plenty to do in the surrounding area.