Consulting Industrial Placement at Gist Ltd

Basingstoke South East
Business Analytics Logistics and Operations Management Consultancy

7.9/10

I have really enjoyed the year I spent with the Consulting Department at Gist. Throughout the year I was able to work on a broad variety of projects which has given me an extensive insight into the logistics environment.
The Consulting Team has been very supportive which has enabled me to gain a wide variety of experiences and skills which I can now apply in my final year at university.

From the start of the placement you are made to feel like a valued member of the consulting team and not just a placement student which is reflected in the responsibility you are given.

As part of the industrial placement you are allocated a mentor, line manager and buddy (who is on the graduate scheme). Having this network of support in place meant that I felt very supported throughout the year. In addition to this the senior management provided an open door policy allowing me to get support and guidance when required.

My work schedule was always planned out in advance, so I was always busy.

As the year progressed I was given the opportunity to take on higher levels of responsibility. One of the highlights of my placement year was project managing several projects which was exciting and challenging.

Working in the consulting department I have been able to gain valuable skills in data analysis including broadening my excel skills. These skills I will be able to apply in my final year at university but are also very helpful in any career.
During the year I have been able to significantly increase my confidence by carrying out presentations to management and interested parties.

The Consulting Team is based in the Head Office, this is a corporate setting with open plan work spaces.

The placement scheme has a dedicated HR team resulting in the placement year being very organised.

Gist gave full support throughout the year organising training days and providing opportunities for self development in my job role.

Extremely good!