Electrical Engineer working in the Engineering Department in Portsmouth Naval Base working within Naval Base Services of BAE Systems. Which meant I spent most of my time working on projects devoted to maintaining equipment for allowing the Royal Navy to operate
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The people in the organisation were so welcoming and are always helpful. What I love about BAE is that people higher up in the organisation will always make time for those that ask for it
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Such welcoming colleages
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Was helped and guided my line manager and everyone else within the department
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were periods of lul, like with any job but for most of the time i had important work to do, not grunt work
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Was project manager for several projects
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Project Management skills i will apply in all my future jobs and projects
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very sociable but also very work orientated
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Work for me to do was prearranged
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company pours a lot of effort into it's young starters
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very high, they have several schemes for a whole arrangement of degrees available
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Colleagues were very sociable, and amongst interns there was a conference so a chance to meet all the itnerns in BAE systems across the country
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Portsmouth Naval Base was very cheap, everything on base was pretty subsidised, and the Portsmouth area itself was very cheap
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Didn't really explore the night life
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not a huge amount, though these could have been arranged if wanted