This review was written using a previous version of questions that were updated in
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a great insight into the company and the profession and an excellent opportunity to develop key employability skills.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The staff running the event were very helpful and friendly as were all the staff in the office.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The days were always well planned and filled with team activities as well as individual sessions such as a practice interview and work shadowing.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
All the skill learned are transferable to any organisation or interview experience. I'm sure some skill such as giving a succinct presentation and communicating effectively with peers will be invaluable when searching for a job.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The days were well structured but there was always an option to change things to fit in with the desires of the group.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They gave us individual feedback on cv's, interviews and our general performance to help us to understand how we can improve our employability.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I will certainly apply to the firm in the future and hopefully this week will have given me a better chance in succeeding.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone was very friendly and like-minded so we all got on very well.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
In central london it is expected to be expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
This was not an option for the placement but in the company in general i'm sure there are.