Register Your Interest - Visual Merchandising Placement - 2023 intake
Register your interest
Applications aren't open for this job yet. BUT, you can register your interest in applying - let the employer know you're intrigued! We'll send word as soon as applications open.
So, if you see this icon on a job listing, it means you can register your interest.
Visual Merchandising Placement
When you walk into a department store and are greeted by a display of gleaming products, you’re seeing the work of Visual Merchandising. The L'Oréal intern in this department has a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude and is ready to get stuck in!
When a new product is launched, it’ll be your job to think of unique ways in which we can present this to our customers nationwide. We want you to assess our competitors and up the game. It’s a busy and fast-paced role, but seeing your ideas come to life is super rewarding.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Supporting the Visual Merchandising team with preparing and planning for new launches and promotions
- Partnering with all the relevant retailers to ensure visual merchandising is correctly implemented across the UK e.g. Tesco, Debenhams
- Taking on your own projects and building up an in-depth expertise of visual merchandising
- Working closely with the Marketing team to design, manage and develop Point of Sale units
- Launch guidelines whilst further coordinating printing and distribution to stores
- Updating developing and designing planograms to guide stores on how to present their product
- Liaising with marketing and sales in order to confirm direction and stock levels
- Regular in-store visits to track competitor activity and launches across retailers, gathering photos, details on materials and structures to create a monthly report for presentation to the Marketing Team and General Manager
- Attending trade shows and supplier fairs on behalf of the team
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a good eye for detail and an awareness of current Visual Merchandising trends
- Able to work autonomously with great organisational and time-management skills
- Experience in PowerPoint/ InDesign and Excel would be an advantage.
You will be...
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
With 36 world-famous brands selling in 150 countries, it’s easy to see why L’Oréal are the world’s No. 1 beauty player. Even our brands are household names in their own right. From Ralph Lauren to Kiehl’s; Garnier to Urban Decay, if there’s a name you love in beauty, there’s a good chance it’s ours. That’s because we have the best talent in the business, always pushing ourselves to be better.
We give autonomy, opportunity and experience you won’t find anywhere else, and that’s reflected in the talent we recruit for our industrial placements and spring insights. You’ll be inventive and passionate; driven and talented. And we’ll help you do great things with that talent, challenging you to push yourself and hone your skills.