Register Your Interest - Finance Placement - 2023 intake
Register your interest
Applications aren't open for this job yet. BUT, you can register your interest in applying - let the employer know you're intrigued! We'll send word as soon as applications open.
So, if you see this icon on a job listing, it means you can register your interest.
As a billion-pound company, success often stems from managing the P&L effectively. At L’Oréal finance is not just sitting on Excel, you will have direct exposure to people in all functions including marketing, commercial, purchasing and IT providing you with the perfect opportunity to understand how L'Oréal operates.
You will be placed in one of our 34 brands or corporate team and become an integral part of the team using all major financial software programmes i.e. Salesforce, SAP and Magnitude. The role will test and develop your financial awareness, business acumen and interpersonal skills. You will undertake projects (e.g. cost-efficiency projects, financial reporting, etc.) alongside your day to day duties and ad hoc report requests.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Ensuring compliance with internal procedures, Accounting & Finance standards as well as audit requirements
- Assisting finance controllers and supporting marketing and/or commercial teams on a day-to-day basis
- Contributing from a finance perspective to initiatives to grow the business, ranging from product launches and marketing activities to pricing and commercial activities.
- Participating in the monthly financial closing:
- Ensuring costs are booked correctly (purchase orders tracking
- Tracking actuals costs vs. forecasts (variance analysis),
- Month-end reconciliation (e.g. media spends in relation with internal and external teams in media agency, media commissions, commercial balance sheet reconciliation, etc.).
- Providing key corporate decision-makers with timely and accurate information/data.
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Strong communication and networking skills – verbal and writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Results driven and respect for deadlines
- Strong project management skills and evidence of seeing things through to completion
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to multi-task
- Have a keen interest in events and the hairdressing industry
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
With 36 world-famous brands selling in 150 countries, it’s easy to see why L’Oréal are the world’s No. 1 beauty player. Even our brands are household names in their own right. From Ralph Lauren to Kiehl’s; Garnier to Urban Decay, if there’s a name you love in beauty, there’s a good chance it’s ours. That’s because we have the best talent in the business, always pushing ourselves to be better.
We give autonomy, opportunity and experience you won’t find anywhere else, and that’s reflected in the talent we recruit for our industrial placements and spring insights. You’ll be inventive and passionate; driven and talented. And we’ll help you do great things with that talent, challenging you to push yourself and hone your skills.