Deadline: 4th February 2022
Length: Placement Year (10 Months+)
Roles: Medical/Health, Environmental
Location: West Midlands
Environmental, Health & Safety Industrial Placement
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to gain great experience on a 12 month industrial placement within Environment, Health and Safety. Duties will include:
- Support the business and EHS Team in the implementation of the EHS Management System and legal requirements, policies and procedures.
- Supporting and assisting with compliance to legal and corporate program requirements.
- Maintaining and assisting in the implementation of an effective EHS management system.
- Providing core and specialist training and development opportunities.
- Assist with trouble shooting, resolving problems and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Assisting in EHS Programs in adherence with corporate requirements.
- Training and induction of new staff on the documented safety management systems.
- Play a supporting role in external and internal audits (compliance audits, annual reviews, 14001)
- Contribute to the review and revision of Health & Safety policies, plans, documented procedures and forms.
- Support the prioritisation of site risk through risk assessment and Job Hazard Analysis.
- Assist operations with Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis. Ensure injury and illness cases are effectively managed to closure through use of an incident management system.
- Assist with the reporting of the sites monthly Environmental Health and Safety metrics.
Required: Health & Safety related Qualification.
Inspires & Empowers
- Establishes meaningful relationships
- Promotes inclusion
- Communicates effectively. Listens. Transparent; authentic
- Self-aware; gives and receives feedback
Drives Change & Innovation
- Challenges the status quo; seeks new & different ideas
- Curious, always learning & promotes learning culture
Champions Customer Culture
- Treats customers with respect
- Anticipates customer needs
- Work with urgency
This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development and experience exciting challenges. If you’re interested in a Health and Safety Work Placement with Collins Aerospace, we would love to hear from you.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement (apart from the 25 days annual holiday).
About Collins Aerospace
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Every 12 seconds a flight around the world takes off – and our work is on it. We propel aerospace, defence and the other industries we support far beyond imagination, but there is more work to be done. We need your ideas, inspiration and solutions to continue to help us redefine aerospace.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods which may result in an interview. Please note that as we find suitable candidates we will no longer accept applications for this opportunity so we suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success!