10th December 2021
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Advertising, Consumer Products/FMCG, Marketing, Public Relations
Central London and City
Experiential Marketing Placement
About the Bright Futures Programme
We’re looking to recruit undergraduates with flair and motivation to join our Bright Futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. At Pernod Ricard you can actually make an impact, and many of our placement students have returned to Pernod Ricard.
Placements will commence in June 2022, and will be based in our West London offices on Chiswick Business Park. We offer a fantastic package including £18,000 salary, generous annual leave entitlement and a product allowance to spend on our brands.
About the team
Our Vision as a marketing department is to be the engine of our business, fundamentally setting and driving the strategy that will enable PRUK to achieve its goal of becoming the No2 player in the market. This vision is underpinned by a commitment to understanding our consumers and their moments of conviviality, to creativity and entrepreneurship, all with solid commercial foundations.
As a member of the marketing department, you will work cross functionally to ensure our brands are present and play an active role in the moments that matter in consumers lives. You will have a commitment to efficiency and ROI, to learning and improving and sharing best practice across the department to enable us to accelerate our performance.
You will have a clear view of the big initiatives that will accelerate growth for our business, from A&P investment, to NPD, to digital acceleration & experiential and you will focus on delivering these with impact so we can achieve our goal.
About your role
Experiential Marketing represents an important component of the communication and marketing for many of Pernod Ricard UKs strategic and development brands and platforms
The experiential marketing team is also responsible for testing and delivering for key initiative’s at Pernod Ricard UK
The Experiential Marketing Executive interacts on a regular basis
- Internally with PR UK marketing brand teams, commercial (where activities have commercial implications) and support services (for stock requests and returns, paying invoice etc ).
- Externally with agencies, event contractors, venues, people resource agencies.
- the context of a UK focused role, the Experiential Marketing Executive must operate within the known constraints in the market place.
- These include responsible drinking codes of conduct on promotion, sponsorship and sampling (such as those developed by The Portman Group).
- Also awareness of any legislative measures proposed or taken by the government affecting the licensed trade e.g. relaxation of licensing laws.
- y Purpose includes:
- Assist the Experiential Team in delivering experiential activity and Corporate events
- Provide administrative support to the team
- To help develop and implement activation plans to deliver agreed brand consumer & financial targets
- Support the rest of the Experiential Team to help develop and deliver experiential activity (brand pop-ups, brand partnerships, sampling, festivals, virtual events etc) as and when briefed by brand teams, corporate communication or commercial teams.
- Provide administrative support to the team with financial processes, presentation support, stock orders and general experiential & industry research.
- Liaise with venues, agencies, designers and printers, event staffing and brand teams to ensure effective execution and delivers against the set KPI’s
- Conduct the evaluation of relevant completed events against set objectives and present back to the wider business
- Identify tactical opportunities for activity and propose to the Head of Experiential Marketing & Consumer Activation
What you need
- Growth Mindset: Forward thinking, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. Thrives in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver Through Collaboration: Achieves results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consumer Centric: Develops consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer and Pernod Ricard.
- Bold and Agile: Decisive and courageous even in the face of difficult and complex situations and always learns from past experiences. Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
- Open and Authentic: Role Models who instil trust, engage teams by giving and receiving feedback and constantly fostering open dialogue.
- Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
What’s in it for you?
- All customer marketing projects have to deliver desirability for the shopper, retailer and brands. This role will enable you to understand key brand, shopper and customer dynamics in this fast moving industry, and contribute to delivering exceptional plans in this important area.
- In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a relevant undergraduate degree
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Be available to work for 12 months
About Pernod Ricard UK
Pernod Ricard was founded in 1975 with the merger of the two French companies, Pernod and Ricard. Since then it has grown to be the world’s co-leader in wines and spirits. Pernod Ricard has one of the most comprehensive range of products and this is reflected in our House of Brands.
We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – No. 2 in the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide! We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with just under 300 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
How to apply
To apply for this programme and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.