11th December 2021
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Advertising, Automotive, Business Management, Marketing
Product Marketing Placement
This is a Placement Year position for a candidate currently studying a Business or Marketing related Undergraduate degree at University, seeking a placement for their 3rd year. The role will commence in August 2022. Please ensure that you have read and understood the requirements of the role before applying.
To primarily support the day-to-day function of the Product Operations team, with a strong focus on Porsche Driver’s Selection (PDS) and Tequipment (TEQ) accessories and supporting Exclusive Manufaktur (EXC). Operational responsibility for co-managing a multi-million pound promotional fleet of Porsche vehicles.
Core Specific Responsibilities:
- rsche Driver’s Selection, Porsche Tequipment and Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur:
- Assist in the creation and implementation all Marketing activities for UK Porsche Centre network including POS, ATL and BTL in line with business needs
- Assist in the management and organisation of Network training events, including, but not limited to, location sourcing, collating attendee list for both days, creating lanyards via Porsche Centre Marketing Services (PCMS), liaising with external suppliers to develop training content and produce post-event marketing material
- Liaise with Porsche Centre Network and the Parts Distribution Centre in Beenham as and when enquiries are submitted – ongoing
- Support in managing the product lifecycle for the entire range, including pricing, promotion, advert placement, marketing, product – ongoing
- PDS stock – responsible for maintaining accurate electronic obsolete/demo stock inventory and display updated with new collections and items– ongoing with monthly check
- Organise PCGB staff sale as and when required
- Proof-read worldwide brochures and Select magazine to ensure that an appropriate brand language is used and is consistent across all marketing materials
- Order Select magazines and marketing packs and through the Parts Distribution Centre, including auto issue to Centres / Porsche Experience Centre
- Collate PDS/Tequipment Incentive results and input into PowerPoint presentation/pdf formats to send to Centres monthly
- Produce 2 x monthly Product highlights for inclusion in Incentive results emails for PDS – start of each month
- Produce 2 x monthly Product highlights for inclusion in Incentive results emails for TEQ – start of each month
- Collate PPC campaign results (TEQ & PDS) into a presentation to be sent to relevant PCGB staff and Centres - monthly
- Responsible for the timely execution of Centre Spring/Summer/Winter/Seasonal PDS launch packs for new collections in line with collection launches.
- Assist with keeping Electronic Point Of Sale (EPOS) system up to date with new products/pricing
- Create Centre friendly PDS new season communication, from pdf supplied by Germany
- Assist in the production of Porsche Centre website content
Promotional Fleet Management:
- Manage and control the promotional car fleet ensuring optimum usage/exposure, full adherence to compliance procedures and input into optimal specifications
- Administer the competitor car loan program, including gathering appropriate feedback from internal stakeholders and feeding back to the Product team
- Support the product training team with new product training events as necessary
- Coordinate next year’s intern telephone interviews with HR intern and be available to answer questions
- Assist with next year’s intern assessment centre and the selection process
- Day-to-day administration
- Attend and support events (Goodwood Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival, Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone, etc.) as required
- Raise Purchase Orders (PO’s) and maintain an accurate record of PO’s raised and PO numbers – ongoing
- Manage processing of invoices and an accurate record of invoices received against PO’s
- Support internship project to raise money for charity
- To understand and assist in the delivery of Product Operations objectives
- Take ownership for personal development needs in anticipation of Business requirements
- Contribute fully within the team, ensuring the right environment is maintained and use initiative to identify relevant opportunities
- Ensure the appropriate level of management control and system exploitation is applied to all relevant systems
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
The above list of Core Specific Responsibilities is not exhaustive. The Intern is expected to carry out other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time, in line with their ability. The Company reserves the right to vary the role content, within reason, with consultation and agreement, in accordance with business requirements.
- Studying a Marketing or Business related Undergraduate degree at University, seeking a placement for their 3rd year
- Good experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint, desirable
- Retail/Customer Service experience desirable
- Full Driving Licence required
Required language knowledge:
- Highly competent in spoken and written English
- Some knowledge of written/spoken German is an advantage (not essential)
- Competitive salary
- Free tea and coffee making facilities
- Charity project with all PCGB Interns
- Access to hundreds of online discounts through the My Discounts portal
- Training and development activities throughout your internship
- Corporate gym membership with PureGym only located next door to Head Office
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An opportunity to visit the Porsche Experience Centre in Silverstone
Those who pass the first stage will be offered a telephone interview on 15th December 2021. The final stage of the process will be an assessment centre on 8th February 2022, after which the successful candidate will be notified.
Please note that subject to the volume of applications received we may bring forward our application deadline and would recommend you make your application to the programme at the earliest possible convenience to ensure you do not miss out.
Porsche Cars GB (PCGB) has a strong heritage. Since our inception we have been committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and recognise that our staff are our strongest asset. An exciting opportunity has arisen and we are looking for a talented individual to join the Compliance Department. Our Intern Training Programme offers outstanding individuals a chance to gain invaluable experience and allows them the perfect start to their career.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.