11th December 2021
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Automotive, Journalism, Media, Public Relations
Public Relations Placement
This is a Placement Year position for a candidate currently studying a PR, Marketing, English Language or Communications related Undergraduate degree at University, seeking a placement for their 3rd year. The role will commence in August 2022. Please ensure that you have read and understood the requirements of the role before applying.
To provide support to the PR team and assist with a number of PR projects as well as day to day press office tasks.
Core Specific Responsibilities:
- Handle and respond to basic media enquiries and requests
- Collate, review and archive media coverage
- Be responsible for updating internal press coverage and internal news, in particular Press Mail which is a weekly newsletter distributed to the network created by the Assistant Press Officer
- Assist with press car booking requests and documenting required media information
- Compile relevant press information for each press car booking
- Monitor central press inbox on a daily basis
- To work on special PR projects, as and when required
- Provide assistance at media launches and events
- Assist with research and content for Porsche press releases
- To offer pro-active and creative ideas to enhance the PR programme
- Monitor the PR department budget and assist with purchase and invoice processes
- Take ownership of department processes and control of information
- Contribute fully within the team, ensuring the right environment is maintained
- Deliver an agreed level of service to the media and internal customers, in line with the Company Values
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
- PR, Marketing, English language or Communications related degree
- Social Media literacy and MS Office familiarity
Required specialised knowledge/experience:
- Understanding of social media
- Experience in a customer-facing job
- Full UK Driving Licence
Required language knowledge:
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
- Competitive salary
- Free tea and coffee making facilities
- Charity project with all PCGB Interns
- Access to hundreds of online discounts through the My Discounts portal
- Training and development activities throughout your internship
- Corporate gym membership with PureGym only located next door to Head Office
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An opportunity to visit the Porsche Experience Centre in Silverstone
Those who pass the first stage will be offered a telephone interview on 17th or 18th January 2022. The final stage of the process will be an assessment centre on 18th February 2022, after which the successful candidate will be notified.
Please note that subject to the volume of applications received we may bring forward our application deadline and would recommend you make your application to the programme at the earliest possible convenience to ensure you do not miss out.
Porsche Cars GB (PCGB) has a strong heritage. Since our inception we have been committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and recognise that our staff are our strongest asset. An exciting opportunity has arisen and we are looking for a talented individual to join the Compliance Department. Our Intern Training Programme offers outstanding individuals a chance to gain invaluable experience and allows them the perfect start to their career.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.