11th December 2021
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Business Analytics, Business Management, E-Business, Internet/e-Commerce/New Media
Business Development Placement
This is a Placement Year position for a candidate currently studying a Business related Undergraduate degree at University, seeking a placement for their 3rd year. The role will commence in August 2022. Please ensure that you have read and understood the requirements of the role before applying.
To support the PCGB Business Development team with operational, reporting and project support on a wide and varied number of critical projects.
Core Specific Responsibilities:
E-Performance + Smart Mobility
- To support the tracking and monitoring of the e-readiness project plan for the Porsche Network in line with Porsche AG business objectives
- To assist the development of the Porsche customer charging map for the UK market
- Research market trends for E-Mobility/Mobility and ensure any key information is communicated to the appropriate stakeholders within the organisation
- Develop a monthly E-Performance newsletter for distribution to appropriate stakeholders within the Porsche Network
- Support the department in any E-Performance/Mobility related activities either in the office or off site.
Digitalisation and E-Commerce
- Provide Support to the team in relation to strategic dealer and E-Commerce platform projects. Using their skills to analyse data, collect market insight and feedback from our dealers.
- Assist and support the E-Commerce depart with reviewing data, process and engaging with our German colleagues on process, translations and issue resolution.
Dealer Support and Development
- Provide support in the coordination of the Operating Guideline results process and appeals due diligence
- Support with quarterly Franchise Standards Audit process and reporting strategy
- To assist with analysis of Porsche Centre financial reporting within the IRIS/KPI system and to advise on system usage based on basic accounting principles.
- Provide a support function to the network on our digital platforms – resolving general queries invoice queries, refunds and other topics as required.
- To collate and monitor the submission success of the Porsche Centre network in submitting IRIS/KPI financial data submission for Operating Guidelines.
- Upload communications to PPN (Porsche Intranet) and upload of monthly reporting to individual Porsche Centre reporting groups.
- Assist with preparation of business presentations e.g. Board Meetings, Sales Meetings, Performance Updates and other meetings on an ad hoc basis.
- Assist and support the department with the
- Assist the department with the internal processes of purchasing, invoicing, process compliance and other duties to help the department be the benchmark in PCGB
- To understand and assist in the delivery of business strategy and objectives.
- Take ownership of personal development needs in anticipation of business requirements.
- Contribute to the team, ensuring the right environment is maintained for team and individual development.
- Ensure the appropriate level of management control and system exploitation is applied in all relevant systems.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times.
The above list of Core Responsibilities is not exhaustive. The intern may be expected to carry out other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time, in line with their ability. The Company reserves the right to vary the role content, within reason, with consultation and agreement, in accordance with business requirements.
- Studying a business related Undergraduate degree at University, seeking a placement for their 3rd year
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Excellent level of PC literacy, including MS Office – especially MS Excel
Required specialised knowledge:
- Excellent communication
- Ability to take initiative
Required language knowledge:
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
- Competitive salary
- Free tea and coffee making facilities
- Charity project with all PCGB Interns
- Access to hundreds of online discounts through the My Discounts portal
- Training and development activities throughout your internship
- Corporate gym membership with PureGym only located next door to Head Office
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An opportunity to visit the Porsche Experience Centre in Silverstone
Those who pass the first stage will be offered a telephone interview sometime during the week commencing 10th January 2022. The final stage of the process will be an assessment centre on Wednesday 25th January 2022, after which the successful candidate will be notified.
Please note that subject to the volume of applications received we may bring forward our application deadline and would recommend you make your application to the programme at the earliest possible convenience to ensure you do not miss out.
Porsche Cars GB (PCGB) has a strong heritage. Since our inception we have been committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and recognise that our staff are our strongest asset. An exciting opportunity has arisen and we are looking for a talented individual to join the Compliance Department. Our Intern Training Programme offers outstanding individuals a chance to gain invaluable experience and allows them the perfect start to their career.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.