Register Your Interest - Commercial Placement
Register your interest
Applications aren't open for this job yet. BUT, you can register your interest in applying - let the employer know you're intrigued! We'll send word as soon as applications open.
So, if you see this icon on a job listing, it means you can register your interest.
From using drones to deliver medicine to rural communities, to helping bridge the digital gap for school kids across the UK and powering our European network with 100% renewable resources, we don’t just speak about change. We lead with change.
A lot has been promised over the last few years, but we know that progress doesn’t just happen after one grand statement. It comes from what we actually do. And our graduates and placement students play a huge role in that.
At Vodafone, we empower you so that your actions can speak even louder than your words. We want all our graduates and placement students to be able to make an impact on our customers, the world, and their careers.
What you need:
- To be on track for a 2:2 in any BA/BSc/Integrated Masters degree;
- You will also need to be in your penultimate year of study;
- You must have the right to work in the UK for the full year.
What you need to submit: You will only need to upload your CV as part of the application. You do not need to upload a cover letter as it will not be reviewed as part of your application.
*Remote working options: Vodafone is transforming – in the way we work & how we work. Our offices are now used as a hub for collaboration, co-creation & even concentration spaces. Across most our roles, we expect our employees to be following a blended approach to working with a 60-40 split, the majority being at home. We encourage our employees to find a way of working that suits them and works best for the team.
Please note that you can only make one application to one of our Industrial Placement programmes. We will only consider your first application.
Commercial at Vodafone
We connect over 400 million people globally – delivering technology products, services and solutions while keeping our customers at the heart of everything that we do! From managing our brand to marketing our services, tackling the digital divide via M-Pesa or enhancing the digital & in-person customer experience operations – our Commercial team does it all – helping us strengthen our position as an admired company in the eyes of our customers, colleagues, co-partners and communities.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to gain exposure to all the inner workings of our commercial teams from marketing to consumer insights and management;
- Having business exposure and accountability from day one;
- Being part of a large community of placement students;
- The opportunity to be fast tracked onto one of our graduate programmes;
- Investment in your personal development with forward thinking digital learning opportunities;
- Learning from industry experts that facilitate a focused professional development to enable you to take your career forwards;
- Flexible working and fast paced environment;
- A focus on innovation and doing things differently.
These are just a few of the areas you could find yourself working in:
- Marketing and Brand – Keeping our customers at the heart of what we do and ensuring that our brand and marketing strategy resonates with our purpose and the needs of our customers.
- Customer Experience and Operations – You could become involved in every aspect of our multi-channel customer experience, from retail stores to our Vodafone app and website, helping us deliver the best customer experience possible.
- Products and Services - The P&S team is responsible for developing numerous products for our consumers, from negotiating the latest handsets, to new and exciting products from our Consumer Internet of Things portfolio.
- Other teams: M-Pesa, Strategy and Innovation, Customer Experience Excellence, Unified Communications and others!
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for delivering brilliant customer service and commercial savviness;
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and hunger for development;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Demonstrate creativity and adaptability;
- Embodying our Spirit behaviours;
- Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital;
- Proficiency in English.
Whatever your degree is or wherever your passion lies, you’ll have the freedom to experience different rotations and projects, so you can discover what you enjoy the most. And if you’re open to learning, pushing boundaries, and making the most of every opportunity, then there’s nothing stopping you from Acting Up, and making the kind of change you’ve always wanted to.
Vodafone is committed to making reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process for all candidates considered to have a disability. If you have any questions or requirements, please let us know at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Put your spirit into practice, and Act Up.
As a global tech leader, Vodafone transforms lives and businesses around the world. From developing pioneering IoT technology, to connecting 50 million unbanked people to financial services through smart phones, Vodafone connect millions of people to endless possibilities.
Vodafone’s purpose is to build a digital society that enhances socio-economic progress, embraces everyone and does not come at the cost of our planet. To support this and their 670 million customers, constant innovation underpins everything Vodafone does. For example, when hit by a crisis, Vodafone takes action. Vodafone are empowering thousands of people to help the battle against COVID-19, in their sleep. The DreamLab app taps into a phone’s unused processing power when charging at night, turning it into a virtual supercomputer to support vital research.