Placement Year (10 Months+)
Computer and Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Customer Service, Information Technology
Applications aren't open for this job yet. BUT, you can register your interest in applying - let the employer know you're intrigued!
We'll send word as soon as applications open.
So, if you see this icon on a job listing, it means you can register your interest.
Technical Services Placement
As a Service Desk Analyst, you’ll be involved in all areas of the business and will get to grips with a variety of business processes. Every day will bring a different challenge using a different technology or tool.
Analysts serve as the main point of contact for customers and will be their first port of call for any technical questions they have. As well as developing your communication skills, you’ll perform a range of technical tasks such as moving databases, running SQL scripts, and debugging websites.
During your placement, you’ll also have access to a full MSDN subscription with a monthly personal allowance of Microsoft Azure credit to play around with for your own pet projects.
As an integral member of the team, you’ll be treated as a full-time employee with a role that’s pivotal to the success of the business.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Customer Communication – As the first point of contact, you’ll be communicating with customers on a daily basis. Using several communication platforms and methods, such as email, telephone, and instant messaging, you’ll engage with our customers and deliver the best possible service. In addition, you’ll be liaising with all other departments within the business to ensure the smooth running of our platforms and services.
- Investigation & Problem Solving – Whether it be a simple query that you can solve quickly, or a more complex issue which requires further investigation to resolve, you’ll develop the skillset to get to the root of a problem and solve it.
- Project Management – There’s always an opportunity for you to get involved in a customer-facing project or an internal initiative to improve our business processes.
- SQL & Database Management – Databases underpin our systems. From simple select statements to unloading and reloading databases, you'll learn how to write SQL and how to manage a database.
- Testing & QA – Delivering a bug-free and quality product is crucial for a SaaS business. As part of your placement, you’ll be involved in the testing of product updates and features as well as key aspects of the QA process.
- Rollout of Platform Updates – ProspectSoft use Agile development methodologies and frequently roll out updates to our platform. You’ll be integral to the continuation and deployment of our services.
- Networking & Security – Security is essential to every business. As an ISO 27001 accredited company we take networking and security very seriously. As part of your placement you’ll learn security best practice, the methods, and technologies that we use to keep data secure and confidential.
- Virtualisation – Core to our business is the virtualisation of instances and systems. During your placement, you’ll learn how to use Hyper-V and Azure to build and manage virtual machines.
- Azure Services – At ProspectSoft, we use the Azure stack for several of our solutions. You’ll become familiar with aspects of the Azure offering such as Blob Storage and Application Insights.
What you’ll need:
- Passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Technical aptitude in a wide variety of technologies & software platforms
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management & organisation skills
- Empathetic approach & positive attitude at all times
- Currently studying for a degree in a relevant field
- The Most Awarded SME for Placements – We’re proud to be the most awarded SME in the UK for its placement programme! Our placements really are the heart and soul of the company.
- SMEs for the Win! – Providing you with an instant sense of belonging, working for ProspectSoft offers you a working environment like no other. Being able to build relationships and work closely with senior Managers and Directors provides you with all the opportunities and skills you need to fly high in the real world.
- Enhanced Employment Prospects – A placement with us will give you an excellent foundation knowledge and insight into the sector you’re working in and awareness of the working world. This will help you excel in your professional development, as well as enhance your employability skills.
- Personal Development – Managers and Directors at ProspectSoft want you get the most out of your placement. Throughout your year, you’ll be working alongside industry experts who’ll guide and support you along your placement journey. Plus, they’ll encourage you to work on other side projects to boost your CV, like passing online certifications!
- Real Responsibility – You don’t have to worry about being the placement that gets stuck doing the coffee run! Right from the get-go, you’re given real responsibility and are treated just like our permanent team members. You’re given tasks that influence the business’ reputation, success and growth, and your input is hugely valued and appreciated.
- Unique Office Atmosphere – The friendly, young and energetic atmosphere here at ProspectSoft is something we feel makes us unique! We’re a supportive company that treasures every single employee. We’re a sociable bunch too that know how to have a great time both in the office, and outside the walls of work! Our Social Committee ensures there’s plenty of events going on throughout the year to provide all sorts of perks for our lovely employees.
- Pizza Fridays & Beer Fridays – Who doesn’t love pizza? The last Friday of every month combines food and learning! Bringing the whole company together, we learn about the exciting features our Development team have been working on recently in the software, and simultaneously get to indulge in endless amounts of Domino’s pizza! Plus, every Friday, ProspectSoft finish work half an hour early to crack open the beer fridge and socialise. Employees can kick-start their Fridays and choose a refreshing alcoholic or soft beverage they fancy, to sit back, relax and enjoy! We also love a good quiz!
- Departmental Socials – Each department often heads out for different socials after work. Whether it’s a curry night or getting involved in a sport such as trampolining or rock-climbing, every department loves to bring their teams together for a good laugh and sociable catch up! But socials don’t have to be set to individual departments; we like to mix! If the Dev team head out trampolining and the Marketing team fancy joining, then they’re always welcome – the more the merrier!
- Company Events – ProspectSoft love to host a sunny BBQ, attend the Henley Royal Regatta, or organise afterwork drinks in the sunshine. Whatever they choose to do, ProspectSoft love a sociable get together!
We’re a UK based CRM and eCommerce company, run by its founder, supported by a strong international management team, and financially backed by Maven Capital Partners. We create, develop and deliver our SaaS platform, Prospect, to more than 5,000 SME users worldwide. Prospect is perfect for businesses who sell physical products from stock B2B. As the official “Stock Aware CRM”, Prospect offers native integration to leading accounting and inventory management systems like Sage 50, Unleashed and Xero.