Motorsport Events Placement
Porsche Cars GB has a strong heritage. Since our inception we have been committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and recognise that our staff are our strongest asset. An exciting opportunity has arisen and we are looking for a talented individual to join the Marketing Department within the Motorsport team. Our Intern Training Programme offers outstanding individuals a chance to gain invaluable experience and allows them the perfect start to their career.
This is a position designed for an undergraduate student seeking an industry placement for their 3rd year or a recent University Graduate. This is a year long position commencing August 2021. Please ensure you have read and understood the full list of requirements before applying.
- Responsible for elements of Porsche Centre Hospitality Programme delivery within the Porsche Motorsport Department, and to work with internal teams to assist in the management and delivery of Motorsport events.
- Admin and planning during office time
Core Specific Responsibilities:
- To implement and deliver the Porsche Centre Motorsport Hospitality Program for PCCGB
- Collate hospitality package in conjunction with PCMS – tickets, info packs, guest lanyards
- Ensure Porsche Centre Hospitality bookings are added to Centre consolidated billing
- Arrange payment for the hospitality packages via internal invoicing structure (ePDQ)
- Co-ordinate hospitality allocation to relevant Centres around the UK and ensure all guests are assigned a BP number in C@P
- Deliver the event and host guests at the Circuit
- Collate ‘Goody Bags’ for Centre Hospitality Programme
- Event interdepartmental liaison
- Assist the Motorsport Assistant Manager with hospitality planning for PSCGB
- Manage the Motorsport fleet of road cars
- Manage all hotel bookings for Porsche Carrera Cup GB staff and create a ‘Rooming List’ for each event.
- Oversee the allocation, distribution, return and disposal of PCCGB ‘Team Kit’
- Ensure the Motorsport stock room is well organised and stock levels are recorded
- Assisting in production of working documents for each event, distribution throughout the team ensuring accuracy and understanding from each party.
- Key point of contact for clients prior, during and post the events.
- Liaison with external suppliers with joint event responsibility.
- Resource planning.
- Input to PCGB systems, raising Invoices, Purchase Orders etc
- Liaison with PCGB departments.
- Regular meetings with Motorsport Manager and Motorsport Event Planner to update on progress with each event, ensuring that all information is captured and relayed to the Motorsport Team where relevant.
- Travel is required throughout the Motorsport season – March – October. 8 race weekends throughout the UK and Scotland plus other related events Friday through to Sunday
The above list of Core Specific Responsibilities is not exhaustive. The intern is expected to carry out other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time, in line with their ability. The Company reserves the right to vary the role content, within reason, with consultation and agreement, in accordance with business requirements.
Requirements for the Job and Person Specification:
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be 21+ years old on the start date and have held a full clean driving license for a minimum of 2 years.
- Required Qualifications:
Events Management or Motorsport related degree is desirable.
- Required IT-skills:
Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Required specialised knowledge:
Customer Service experience is desirable.
- Required language knowledge:
Highly competent in spoken and written English. Speaking to groups of people will be required on race weekends.
- Other requirements:
An interest in Motorsport or Sporting Competition is desirable.
Those who pass the first stage will be offered a telephone interview on the 2nd of February 2021. The final stage of the process will be an assessment centre on the 23rd of February 2021, after which the successful candidate will be notified.
Please note that subject to the volume of applications received we may bring forward our application deadline and would recommend you make your application to the programme at the earliest possible convenience to ensure you do not miss out.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.