Wealth and Personal Banking - Data Analyst Industrial Placement
On our competitively paid Industrial Placement, you will complete a 12-month placement located in one of our HSBC UK offices in Birmingham, Chester or Leeds as a Data Analyst within HSBC UK. You will generate scientific and statistically valid insights into areas such as customer behaviours, market behaviours and transactions in order to identify opportunities to create business value and help us to serve our customers. Your role will be critical in understanding their needs, to allow us to put customers at the heart of everything we do.
What to expect:
In HSBC UK we help personal and business customers across the world with the management of their finances. You can expect to expand your skills while learning to thrive under pressure. You will be supported throughout by a team of professionals who will help to build your knowledge of banking and to develop and present ideas with confidence. We will reward you with a market-competitive pay and benefits package.
What you will do:
Data Analysts will be conversant in and will deploy techniques such as correlation tests, hypothesis tests, machine learning, cluster analysis, data mining and visualization to automate processing raw data into valuable insights.
This job will carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Interpret data, analyse results and provide ongoing reports
- Use business judgment and analytical tools to drive the best results for the business achieved through a combination of using data, analysis and business judgment in identifying & leading new opportunities
- To support a team in Commercial or Retail Banking to deliver business objectives of the Bank.
- Work with different teams to understand, document and conduct relevant analysis
- Independently produce actionable metrics from automating data collection, aggregation and visualisation from multiple data sources including big data
- Identifying any gaps in data & understanding and managing a range of analytical and modelling projects from inception to delivery
Who does this suit?
We are looking for collaborative, dedicated and courageous people who have:
- Strong Analytical Reasoning with a Maths or Sciences background or equivalent
- The ability to extract information from data and translate to business language & financial impacts.
- Ability to manage time effectively to ensure delivery of multiple projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate analysis and recommendations to colleagues.
- Previous experience of manipulating data sets via SAS/SPSS/SQL programming would be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite.
- Experience of applying analytical techniques to data to produce explanatory or predictive result.
What can this lead to?
If you excel on your Industrial Placement, you could be considered for a suitable Graduate Programme in HSBC UK to continue to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
- Based on your current results you must be on track to receive a minimum of a 2:1degree classification/ 3.2 GPA or higher or overseas equivalent to this
- You must have obtained at least 300 UCAS* points pre September 2017 and 120 post September 2017 in accordance with UCAS tariff changes across your top three A2 Levels or equivalent, excluding General Studies (AS Levels and GCSE are not considered). Or if there were mitigating circumstances that prevented this, can you provide evidence of these.
- You must be in your Penultimate Year of Undergraduate Study. Expected Graduation Year 2023
- The location for this role is UK wide and you will not be able to choose your location therefore, you must be able to commit to being nationally mobile and be available to undertake the travel required for this role.
- You can only apply for one HSBC Programme each year
- By the time of starting employment, successful candidates must have permission to work in the UK for the entirety of the program.
- You will be fluent in English and be legally permitted to work in the UK
HSBC is one of the world’s largest, most diverse international banking and financial service organisations. With 3,800 offices in 64 countries and territories, we serve 40 million customers in both established and emerging markets. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.