31st December 2020
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Logistics and Operations, Purchasing and Supply
Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains offer a 12 month Purchasing Placement scheme which will allow you the opportunity to work in a state of the art Technology Centre alongside some of Formula 1’s best talent and have a direct influence on the performance of the team.
In Purchasing we enable and directly influence the pace of technology development and the transference of this to the road or track by creating and managing a dynamic and responsive external direct and indirect supply chain. We achieve this by ensuring the quality, delivery and cost of all goods and services meet the business needs by working collaboratively across the business to execute the sourcing of all parts and services, delivering them on time and to specification.
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our Placement Students with exposure to multiple areas within the business and the potential to experience first-hand multiple aspects of Purchasing. During your time on the scheme you will have the opportunity to;
- Experience the supply chain cycle from new design concept to race, raising orders, expediting deliveries, managing the supply chain and driving supplier performance improvements
- Assist in providing innovative solutions and manage relationships with external suppliers and internal customers
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to help define HPP’s sourcing strategy, having a real input in how we identify and source our future needs
- Be involved with supplier negotiations; including preparation and documentation
- Experience working cross functionally with Engineering, Programme Management, Quality, Build, Test, Manufacturing, Facilities, IT and Finance
- Work closely with our highly skilled engineers as part of the purchasing process in support of Power Unit build for test and race
- Develop your capability and wider understanding of how company governance impacts the supply chain
What can we offer you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career and to develop into a Technical Buyer or a wider Operations Management role. Aside from the experience of working in a multiple Championship winning team our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £18,500pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- Onsite Gym
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to thrive in a fast paced environment
- You will be on track to achieve a 2: 1 degree, or above, in an Engineering, Science/Technology, Economics or Business Studies degree
- A strong academic background in relevant A Level disciplines, for example business studies, economics, maths or sciences, (or equivalent qualification)
- Excellent communicator and able to build relationships at all levels including up to Managing Director level, internally and externally
- A conscientious and professional approach to work
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- An adaptable approach which will enable you to develop your skills
- An enthusiastic approach and a willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
The application process:
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an online interview which will take place between November 2020 – March 2021
- If successful your scheme will start in August/September 2021
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bare with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
About Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains Ltd
Mercedes-Benz has been setting the standard in racing for over 100 years. At Mercedes-AMG High Performance Powertrains we work tirelessly to continue the proud history of the legendary Silver Arrows. To do this we deliver pioneering innovations to the race track with every development of our Five-time World Championship winning Hybrid Power Unit. In addition to Formula 1, we are also leading the transfer of state-of-the-art Formula 1 technology into the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One” and will be racing in Formula E for the first time in 2019.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.