Applications aren't open for this job yet. BUT, you can register your interest in applying - let the employer know you're intrigued!
We'll send word as soon as applications open.
So, if you see this icon on a job listing, it means you can register your interest.
This role is suited to students looking to start their placement year in summer 2021.
Looking to get real experience in all aspects of Marketing on your placement year? Then ProspectSoft’s Marketing role is not to be missed!
In the Marketing team, you’ll be encouraged to show your creative side when completing projects such as blog writing, creating infographics, developing content for our websites, and much more! As a Marketing Assistant, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects, including the delivery of direct and digital marketing communications.
Reporting to our Head of Marketing, you’ll have a hands-on role and make a real impact on the business. Whether it be managing social media content across our company and placement platforms or generating new strategies to increase the number of qualified leads for our Sales team, you’ll develop a strong understanding of B2B marketing and will enhance your skills in both inbound and outbound marketing. All marketing efforts will be centred around online lead generation, with a real focus on attracting and converting high quality leads via several marketing channels.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Social Media – Managing ProspectSoft’s corporate and placement social media platforms, you’ll have the opportunity to develop social media campaigns to engage our audiences. You’ll also be reporting on and analysing social media data and results, as well as building and monitoring new strategies to generate more enquiries.
- Copywriting – You’ll be tasked with creating exciting blogs to publish on both our corporate and placement websites, which will directly contribute towards our SEO efforts.
- Design Content – A Marketing placement will take a lead role in generating visual content for both our corporate and placement channels, such as creating banners, infographics and diagrams. You’ll be required to use Adobe software like Photoshop and Illustrator when producing design work (but don’t worry if you don’t have experience with these yet!).
- Website Management – Any websites we host will need updating regularly with new content to ensure they’re engaging and relevant to our audiences.
- Award Applications – To stand out from the crowd and showcase the amazing functionality in our software, we like to enter in for product awards each year. In this role, you’ll create the entire application, adhering to any guidelines set by the judges, and shouting about our successes! Plus, you’ll be taking a lead role in creating our application for RateMyPlacement’s NUE Awards!
- Recruitment – You may even be selected as the next placement recruiter for Commercial roles whilst on your placement. This is a huge task, whereby you’ll manage the entire recruitment process alongside our Head of Marketing; right from reviewing CVs and cover letters, to conducting Telephone Interviews and running Assessment Centres!
- Video Content – This will require you to use programmes such as Camtasia and Adobe Premiere Pro to create, edit and enhance videos, but also to storyboard and put together promotional videos for us to use in our comms!
- Email Marketing – Whether it be developing Email Marketing Campaigns for our customers or coming up with eye-catching designs for attracting new business, there’s plenty to get involved in! You’ll also be proofing and writing content, building targeted lists and reviewing campaign results.
- HubSpot & Google Certifications – Boost your marketing knowledge by undertaking industry-accredited certifications, like HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing Certification and Google Analytics courses…perfect for adding to your CV!
- Event Organisation & Co-ordination – You’ll be pivotal in assisting with any in-person or virtual events ProspectSoft run or exhibit at. This will include liaising with venues, as well as designing and ordering merchandise/promotional material for attendees. You’ll also be able to network at industry events in London including the RateMyPlacement Sponsors Event and NUE Awards.
What you’ll need:
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent time management & organisation skills
- Strong creativity & design skills
- Enthusiastic approach & positive attitude at all times
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement
- The Most Awarded SME for Placements – We’re proud to be the most awarded SME in the UK for its placement programme! Our placements really are the heart and soul of the company.
- SMEs for the Win! – Providing you with an instant sense of belonging, working for ProspectSoft offers you a working environment like no other. Being able to build relationships and work closely with senior Managers and Directors provides you with all the opportunities and skills you need to fly high in the real world.
- Enhanced Employment Prospects – A placement with us will give you an excellent foundation knowledge and insight into the sector you’re working in and awareness of the working world. This will help you excel in your professional development, as well as enhance your employability skills.
- Personal Development – Managers and Directors at ProspectSoft want you get the most out of your placement. Throughout your year, you’ll be working alongside industry experts who’ll guide and support you along your placement journey. Plus, they’ll encourage you to work on other side projects to boost your CV, like passing online certifications!
- Real Responsibility – You don’t have to worry about being the placement that gets stuck doing the coffee run! Right from the get-go, you’re given real responsibility and are treated just like our permanent team members. You’re given tasks that influence the business’ reputation, success and growth, and your input is hugely valued and appreciated.
- Unique Office Atmosphere – The friendly, young and energetic atmosphere here at ProspectSoft is something we feel makes us unique! We’re a supportive company that treasures every single employee. We’re a sociable bunch too that know how to have a great time both in the office, and outside the walls of work! Our Social Committee ensures there’s plenty of events going on throughout the year to provide all sorts of perks for our lovely employees.
- Pizza Fridays & Beer Fridays – Who doesn’t love pizza? The last Friday of every month combines food and learning! Bringing the whole company together, we learn about the exciting features our Development team have been working on recently in the software, and simultaneously get to indulge in endless amounts of Domino’s pizza! Plus, every Friday, ProspectSoft finish work half an hour early to crack open the beer fridge and socialise. Employees can kick-start their Fridays and choose a refreshing alcoholic or soft beverage they fancy, to sit back, relax and enjoy! We also love a good quiz!
- Departmental Socials – Each department often heads out for different socials after work. Whether it’s a curry night or getting involved in a sport such as trampolining or rock-climbing, every department loves to bring their teams together for a good laugh and sociable catch up! But socials don’t have to be set to individual departments; we like to mix! If the Dev team head out trampolining and the Marketing team fancy joining, then they’re always welcome – the more the merrier!
- Company Events – ProspectSoft love to host a sunny BBQ, attend the Henley Royal Regatta, or organise afterwork drinks in the sunshine. Whatever they choose to do, ProspectSoft love a sociable get together!
We’re a UK based CRM and eCommerce company, run by its founder, supported by a strong international management team, and financially backed by Maven Capital Partners. We create, develop and deliver our SaaS platform, Prospect, to more than 5,000 SME users worldwide. Prospect is perfect for businesses who sell physical products from stock B2B. As the official “Stock Aware CRM”, Prospect offers native integration to leading accounting and inventory management systems like Sage 50, Unleashed and Xero.