Applications aren't open for this job yet. BUT, you can register your interest in applying - let the employer know you're intrigued!
We'll send word as soon as applications open.
So, if you see this icon on a job listing, it means you can register your interest.
This role is suited to students who are looking to start their placement year in September 2021.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars - Wood Lacquering Placement
We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That is why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
What awaits you?
- Analysing and optimizing of the existing production and the flow of material between the departments.
- Support the ordering process for production consumables.
- Support and implementation of quality improvement.
- Improve efficiency and versatility of production machinery.
- Analyse and optimize Kanban levels and implement improvements.
- Supporting the implementation of VPS (Value added production system) principles throughout the Wood process.
Qualifications and experience.
- You need to be a student enrolled in an Engineering or Business related course / studies.
- Any knowledge in Wood Technology or similar would be an advantage, however not a requirement.
- Ideally you will have a completed any of the following - 3D design / product design / Wood tech / resistant materials B.Tech or A level course at 6th Form or technical college.
- You need to be able to work independently within our team and have the ability to organise yourself as well as be able to work in the team environment.
- You will be required to work from your own initiative taking projects and tasks from concept through to a complete and implemented solution.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £17,500, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and a pension scheme as well as a subsided on-site restaurant.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37-40 hours a week.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - Throughout your internship you will be supported by our experts and many fellow interns.
About BMW Group
Rolls-Royce is the world’s leading luxury house. With British heritage dating back to 1904, the company is a wholly owned subsidiary of BMW Group and has operated from its Goodwood location since 2003.
We’re proud of our achievements, some of which include:
- Every Rolls-Royce motor car is hand-built to customer order at the Home of Rolls-Royce at Goodwood.
- The Rolls-Royce manufacturing plant is located in an area of outstanding natural beauty, less than a kilometre from the edge of the South Downs National Park. The plant was designed with strong environmental credentials, including the largest living roof in the UK.
- Significant philanthropic activities, such as raising in excess of £1.7 million in support of allergy research at Evelina London Children’s Hospital at a ‘Dine on the Line’ event in September 2019.