Applications aren't open for this job yet. BUT, you can register your interest in applying - let the employer know you're intrigued!
We'll send word as soon as applications open.
So, if you see this icon on a job listing, it means you can register your interest.
This role is suited to students who are looking to start their placement year in September 2021.
Pensions Department Placement
We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
The BMW pension’s team is responsible for supporting the Trustees in their responsibilities in respect of BMW Group’s defined benefit (DB) pension schemes in the UK. This includes managing ~ £7bio of assets and liaising with over 40 asset managers.
- We provide accounting services to the Trustees which involves preparing regular management accounts, and ensuring that the accounting records reflect the latest asset values and transactions.
- We monitor, challenge and control the costs of the pension schemes and in particular verify charges from investment managers to ensure that they have been calculated correctly.
- Although the pension schemes are legally independent from BMW Group, the pensions team works closely with the asset management and group accounting departments at BMW HQ in Munich, as well as with other colleagues within HR and Finance based at BMW’s campus in Farnborough and at other BMW sites in the UK.
- Being part of a small team offers students the opportunity to get involved in many aspects of the pensions, asset management and accounting departments.
What awaits you?
- This role will provide you with exposure to and involvement in a wide variety of pensions, asset management and accounting activity.
- Within the Accounting and Finance team, you will support in the preparation of management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations, as well as the tracking and monitoring of investment management expenses.
- The majority of the placement will involve supporting the Accounting and Finance team as well as the Asset and Liability manager within BMW’s pensions department.
- In respect of Asset and Liability management, you will support the administration associated with the pension schemes’ investments. This includes liaising with investment managers to ensure that the relevant documentation is in place, as well as helping to prepare for Trustee Investment Committee meetings.
Qualifications and experience.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and tasks and take responsibility for their own time management – well organised.
- Ability to adapt working approach depending on specific requirements.
- Intermediate IT skills preferred in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Team player, helpful, can-do attitude.
- Strong academic background in numerate subjects (e.g. Mathematics).
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £17,500, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and a pension scheme as well as a subsided on-site restaurant.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37-40 hours a week.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - Throughout your internship you will be supported by our experts and many fellow interns.
About BMW Group
For 100 years, The BMW Group has inspired people worldwide with unique mobility experiences. Today, with 31 production and assembly facilities in 14 countries and a global sales network involving 120,000 employees; The BMW Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of premium automobiles and motorcycles, and provider of premium financial and mobility services. The BMW Group brands, BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, uphold a worldwide reputation for excellence in the premium segment of the automotive industry.
We take on over 200 placement students each year across all our UK sites. Each of our placements last for a duration of either six or twelve months. We are responsible for the 4 UK Manufacturing sites (MINI Plant Oxford, MINI Plant Swindon, BMW Group Plant Hams Hall, Rolls Royce Motor Cars Goodwood) as well as our National Sales Centre (Farnborough).