Corporate Relations Placement
- 12 month placement position
- Based in Shoreditch, London
- Reports to IOM CR Manager
We are seeking a Corporate Relations Assistant to join the McDonald’s Global Communications team based in Shoreditch, London. The successful candidate will work on a range of communications projects for the International Communications team responsible for the International Operated Markets and the Development Licensee Markets including coordinating the monthly media and activity reports to be presented to the senior leadership team and global markets. Another part of the role will be conducting research and writing communication materials to support public affairs announcements. There will also be an opportunity to support global press office activities as well as internal communications within the Shoreditch office.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with great writing and organisational skills who enjoys working in a busy environment and who has a strong interest in communications as well as global external affairs.
- Co-ordination of the monthly media and activity for over 25 countries into the monthly Global News Calendar. Including gathering of information, writing content and creating a summary report for the Global Communications team
- First point of contact for global press enquiries and sharing with relevant SMEs to handle in a timely fashion, monitoring news coverage and supporting the team to send official statements to the press
- Drafting and writing of separate content for internal communications and other projects as required, such as media briefings
- Support the senior CR team with PowerPoint presentations (creation and images)
- Assist in organising ‘Town Halls’ for the office, an internal staff meeting
- Conducting stakeholder research for various public affairs topics such as Planet, People and Food, helping identifying areas the business can interact with.
- Global Markets
- Corporate Relations team
- Film Crew
- Stakeholders (public affairs research)
Knowledge and Experience
- Good standard of writing and literacy required as well as good verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be creative and generate ideas
- Strong administrative skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint
- Good general PC/IT literacy
- Experience of working on intranets/websites or other online tools is an advantage
- Additional languages would be beneficial
- Good working knowledge and comfortable navigating social media/social networks (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- 52 week contract (typically June 2020 – June 2021)
- £14,500 (plus £3,000 London Weighting Allowance if applicable)
- 4 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Access to discounts at over 1,600 retailers, including McDonald’s, through the McDonald’s employees discounts website
- Subsidised gym membership
Working for McDonald’s is more than just a job. We’re a business that aims to have a positive impact in everything we do. We’re dedicated to being a great place for our people to work; to being a strong, positive presence in your community; and to delivering the quality, service, cleanliness and value our customers have come to expect from the Golden Arches – a symbol that’s trusted around the world. Whatever you want to get out of your career – with McDonald’s, you can. In our workplace, we promote flexibility, opportunity, equality and development. McDonald’s employees come from all walks of life, but share a common approach: positivity. We know that happy employees help to make happy customers, so we want you to enjoy your work.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.