Consulting Support Placement - Reading
Introduction to the Consulting Team:
Oracle’s consulting team supports our UK business by ensuring lasting value for clients through careful implementation and integration of our software. Our team consists of enterprise architects, technical consultants, application consultants and project managers.
- Provide assistance with organizing key workshops to train all UK consultants on updated protocols and rules
- Prepare presentations along with generating and analysing a variety of progress reports
- Attend regular meeting to re-evaluate the business model and discuss improvements
- Communicate project status to senior consultants on a regular basis
- Plan events and ensure they run smoothly on the day
- Provide technical and functional support to consultants to ensure operational consistency
- Timesheet completion in line with company procedures
- Work closely with members of own team to offer different ideas
- Be an active member of the team with the ability to draft documents and take part in a wide variety of work
- Participate in a wide range of opportunities including; volunteering, training programs, wellbeing initiatives and much more
What we look for:
- Undergraduate students completing a university placement program OR undergraduate finalists seeking for post-graduation experience
- Energetic, articulate and motivated students on course for a 2:1 degree or higher with the right attitude and aptitude to succeed in a fast-paced business
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, commitment, self-belief and achievement-orientation
- A real team player
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, able to analyse data/situations and draw logical evidence-based conclusions
- The ability to self-manage, with strong organisational and planning skills
- Self-motivated to continuously expand personal and professional knowledge
- Not afraid to fail, not afraid to learn
- Strong proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
Oracle – Engineered for SUCCESS:
- A challenging job in a positive atmosphere within an international organization with a dynamic team
- The opportunity to influence your job and your workplace and to become part of an innovative business unit
- We will be open for applications from 1st October 2019
- To apply simply submit a cover and CV letter!
- Students will be contacted by the Recruitment Team from January
- If successful, students will be invited to one of our assessment days that will take place throughout February and March
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Never has there been a more exciting time to join Oracle, an innovative and fast paced technology organisation. The technology industry is undergoing a once in a generation seismic shift. Underpinned by the migration of infrastructure, platforms and applications to a cloud based delivery model, technologies such as big data, analytics, internet of things, Blockchain, machine learning, and artificial intelligence offer the potential to transform enterprises, governments and the customers and citizens they serve.
Not all of the leaders of the previous generation have or will make the required shift. Oracle is one of the few bucking this trend. The company that dominated the database market is fast being recognized as having crossed the chasm to generation cloud. However, Oracle is not only focused on technology, corporate social responsibility is also key on the Oracle worldwide agenda. From volunteering to fundraising, Oracle employees strive to make a difference
So what are you waiting for? Start you journey with Oracle today!
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.