Business Support Placement
Porsche Cars GB has a strong heritage. Since our inception we have been committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and recognise that our staff are our strongest asset. An exciting opportunity has arisen and we are looking for a talented individual to support the Legal Department. Our Intern Training Programme offers outstanding individuals a chance to gain invaluable experience and allows them the perfect start to their career.
The role will commence in August 2020. Please ensure that you have read and understood the requirements of the role before applying.
- To support the Legal Department in the day-to-day administrative duties within the department
- To provide a high level of administration, co-ordination, project management and organizational support to the Head of Legal and the Legal Department;
- To manage all aspects of planning and administration efficiently and professionally, anticipating requirements and challenges and proactively seeking resolutions;
Core Specific Responsibilities:
- Deliver proactive, professional support to the Head of Legal, and the wider Legal Department, in the execution of their duties through a clear understanding of the business strategy and organization structure, combined with effective relationships across Porsche AG, Porsche Cars GB, Porsche Retail group, Porsche Financial Service GB and MHPUK;
- Manage the diary of the Head of Legal in an efficient manner, organizing meetings and appointments as required with both internal and external parties. Within this, meet and greet all external visitors in a professional manner and make ancillary arrangements as required (i.e. catering, travel etc);
- Proactively prepare / organize documentation and/or briefings in advance of key meetings to ensure Head of Legal is suitably prepared;
- Take a pro-active role in dealing with enquiries and issues with a view to assisting with their resolution;
- Maintain a ‘carry forward’ file raising alerts and chasing responses as required;
- Devise and maintain appropriate office systems, including data management and filing;
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations using a high level of creativity to interpret the desired messages in an effective and memorable manner and in compliance with house styles;
- Deal effectively and professionally with all internal (UK and Porsche AG) Stakeholders; and external parties and create strong working relationships;
- Arrange all necessary travel and hotel accommodation as required for the Head of Legal and the Legal Department;
- Support Company Secretarial administration;
- Production and amendment of letters and legal documents such as contracts and court documents (working from manuscript notes and digital dictation);
- Delivering and collecting documents;
- Copying, scanning, emailing and processing documents;
- Working in SAP, Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, MS Powerpoint and MS Excel and the Legal Department’s document management system (Opentext/edocs);
- Manage and monitor the Legal Department’s post including administration of the outbound and inbound post record;
- Monitoring inbox of Head of Legal;
- Managing Department Attendance Record and Visitor Notification Database;
- Managing Legal Department Inbox;
- Managing queries and approvals for contract drivers;
- Taking minutes of meeting, as required;
- Answering telephone calls in a professional manner and managing voicemail;
- Dealing with internal and external enquiries;
- Supporting control and administration of the Legal Budget, including managing and controlling administration and payment of invoices and supporting SAP purchase requisitions and purchase order processes;
- Processing expenses claims on behalf of the Head of Legal;
- To open, monitor and close new matters and manage legal matters database;
- To maintain an effective filing, archiving and information system for the Legal Department;
- Legal Department filing;
- Maintenance of the company’s Contract Database
- Maintenance of the company’s NDA Database
- Updating the Legal Department intranet pages and managing know-how database;
- To administer arrangements for sick leave, holiday leave and other types of leave;
- To administer Penalty Charge Notices;
- Managing office supplies and stationary.
- Administration of Skills Service LMS ( including maintaining user database, distribution of training reports including completion rates, management of technical issues)
- Supporting organization of face to face training events
- Production of training registers
Core Competency Levels:
- Communicating & Influencing Level 3
- Decision Making/Problem solving Level 3
- Working In Teams Level 3
- Improving for Excellence Level 2
- Planning & Organising Level 3
- Delivering Excellent Service Level 3
- Commercial Awareness Level 2
- Developing Self & Others Level 2
The above list of Core Specific Responsibilities is not exhaustive. The intern is expected to carry out other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time, in line with their ability. The Company reserves the right to vary the role content, within reason, with consultation and agreement, in accordance with business requirements.
- A competitive salary
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Daily food allowance
- A bus pass in the Reading area
Those who pass the first stage will be offered a telephone interview on 13 or 14 January 2020. The final stage of the process will be an assessment centre on 30 January 2020, after which the successful candidate will be notified.
Please note that subject to the volume of applications received we may bring forward our application deadline and would recommend you make your application to the programme at the earliest possible convenience to ensure you do not miss out.
“In the beginning I looked around and could not find quite the car I dreamed of. So I decided to build it myself.“ -Ferry Porsche
His dream of the perfect sports car has always driven us – throughout our history. And we get closer to achieving it every day. With every concept, every development and every model. Along the way, we follow a plan, an ideal that unites us all. We refer to it simply as the Porsche Principle. The underlying principle is to always get the most out of everything. From day one, we have strived to translate performance into speed – and success – in the most intelligent way possible. It's no longer all about horsepower, but more ideas per horsepower. This principle originates on the race track and is embodied in every single one of our cars. We call it "Intelligent Performance".
At Porsche we have always been ambitious; this has helped to develop our brand and make us one of the premier and recognisable automotive companies in which to develop a career. At Porsche we recognise that our staff are our strongest asset, this is reflected in our intern training programme that offers outstanding individuals the opportunity to gain transferable skills and experience in their chosen field.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.