Communications and Engagement Placement
The Communications and Engagement team’s main purpose is to engage and motivate colleagues, enabling them to understand their role in delivering our strategic objectives and business goals, whilst aligning with our company values and culture.
About the role:
In this highly varied and exciting role, you will support the Communications team in delivering business wide communication activities to ensure that our colleagues are informed, engaged and connected. In the role, you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Support and coordinate VWFS internal and external communications activity
- Maintain a detailed comms plan for wider business communications messages
- Provide creative support to the comms team; creating communications and forming relationships with agencies to produce engaging creative content when required
- Conduct research and analysis into new creative tools and approaches
- Support with logistics and preparations for internal events and stakeholder meetings including creating slides and materials
- Liaise with key stakeholders across the business helping to expand your professional network.
- Play a lead role in internal team engagement and development activities
- Act as the communications lead for our corporate LinkedIn account, managing a content calendar and seeking appropriate approvals
- A keen interest in creative approaches to communication and engagement
- Strong people skills and ability to form credible relationships across all levels of the business
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Creative expertise using multiple tools from PowerPoint to iMovie / other video editing software
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, highly organised and meeting short deadlines
- A good understanding of customer experience and user experience
- Excellent written communication and proof reading skills
- An energetic approach to work
- Experience in analysing and simplifying complex information for different audiences
- Highly PC literate, especially in the use of MS Office and relevant programmes
What you’ll get:
(apart from a wealth of experience for the future…)
- Earn whilst you learn and receive a competitive salary of £17,500 per annum plus discretionary bonus and access to company pension scheme
- A fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- Participate in Lifeskills workshops, designed specifically for our Undergraduates
- Access to a discounted loan car scheme which means driving 2 brand new vehicles during your placement (a great way to make your mates jealous when you visit them at Uni)
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Onsite wellbeing centre – think lunchtime massages, onsite HIIT classes and health check-ups
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Here at VWFS, we provide finance and insurance services to customers across the entire Volkswagen Group in the United Kingdom. The Group includes some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands, like: Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Volkswagen, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche, Bugatti, Ducati, Scania and MAN.
Please be aware that we are only accepting one application per candidate so do take the time to make sure that this is the opportunity you feel passionate about applying for.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.