Data Science & Analytics Business Internship
Start Date: June 2020
This is your introduction to the potential of data and its power to transform a business. British Airways has size, scale and ambition to match. When paired with the fast pace of the industry we operate in, unique challenges are born. Challenges that you’ll need to answer based on the data. And the rewards are huge. You’ll get an unparalleled insight into our business and gain a perspective no one else has. On top of that, you’ll have real influence. Because it's your insights we’ll rely on for our success and for delivering the quality customer experiences we pride ourselves on.
Sound like something you could enjoy? This is your opportunity to get a taste for it.
- To deliver on all placement tasks and accountabilities
- To take ownership of individual development, identifying areas for skills development and proactively acting upon these needs
- To develop a Business Placement and graduate network and to support opportunities for individual learning and business networking
Candidates MUST have all of the following to apply:
- Must be predicted a 2:2 BSc degree (or equivalent*) with significant Operational Research/ Business Analytics/ Applied Statistics/ Advanced Analytics content.
- Must also have an A-level in mathematics at grade A or B (or equivalent*)
- Numerical skills with the ability to think logically and practically to deal with complexity.
- The right to live and work full-time in the UK indefinitely without sponsorship from British Airways.
- Fly the World (Staff Travel). From day one, you can purchase discounted commercial tickets, known as ‘Hotline’ tickets, for your own use or for friends and family.
- Well-Being. Wellbeing sponsors and advisers across British Airways promote a number of wellbeing and inclusion initiatives.
- Discounts You can enjoy special discounts and savings on a range of products such as hotels and phones to tie in with your staff travel trip.
- Heathrow Express. Whether you are commuting to Heathrow, or heading off on holiday you’ll be entitled to buy Express Saver Tickets with a 75% discount.
- Bonus. Share in our success. Individual bonuses are given in line with our financial, operational, customer and personal performance.
- BA Clubs. Provide a wide variety of sports and leisure facilities, with free membership in your first year. Get involved in anything from athletics to yachting, angling to yoga.
- And much more!
About British Airways
We make adventures happen. Inspire others to dream. Our red, white and blue has always ignited in people a desire to get somewhere. But start your career with British Airways and you’ll see that the opportunities really are endless. Connections. Relationships. Knowledge. Different points of view. This is what makes our world go around. And it’s what can make yours expand. Because you don’t know how far you’ve travelled until you’ve arrived. One community, united in its diversity. That’s just how we’re made.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.