Applications aren't open for this job yet. BUT, you can register your interest in applying - let the employer know you're intrigued!
We'll send word as soon as applications open.
So, if you see this icon on a job listing, it means you can register your interest.
This opportunity is open to students entering their second year of university in September 2019.
Technical Services Placement
As a Customer Services Technician, you will be getting involved in all areas of the business. Every day will bring a different challenge using a different technology or tool. Customer Services are responsible for many things including being the main point of contact for our existing customers and will therefore be their first point of call for any technical questions they have. As well as developing your communication skills, you will also be asked to perform scheduled technical tasks such as moving databases and writing and running SQL scripts. Every member of our team is treated as a full-time employee and every role is therefore crucial to the success of the business.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Customer Communication – Interaction in many forms such as email, phone calls and instant message to promptly and accurately communicate to customers. Excellent customer service is our goal and this is the most important role of a Customer Services Technician.
- Database Management – The maintenance and repair of customer databases mean you will be learning a lot about transactional databases and how to write SQL. You will be asked to employ these skills as part of scheduled work and incoming technical queries.
- Virtual Machines – The creation and usage of many different virtual environments used internally and externally using the latest Hyper-V and azure technologies.
- Software Support – The support of several products designed and built by us and our partners. You will be using remote connection tools such as TeamViewer to be able to connect with customers and answer technical queries.
- Teamworking – Working in your immediate team but also with the rest of the departments. You will be asked to help out with a variety of projects from new installations to existing and ongoing project work.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent time management & organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Good attention to detail
- Empathetic approach & positive attitude at all times
- Technical aptitude in a wide variety of technologies & software platforms
- Currently studying for a degree in a relevant field
- SMEs for the Win! – Providing you with an instant sense of belonging, working for ProspectSoft offers you a working environment like no other. Being able to build relationships and work closely with senior managers and Directors provides you with all the opportunities and skills that you need to fly high in the real world.
- Career Path – A placement with us will give you an excellent foundation knowledge and insight into the sector you’re working in and awareness of the working world. This will enable you to excel in your professional development, as well as enhance your employability skills.
- Personal Development – Managers and Directors at ProspectSoft want to ensure that you gain the most out of your placement. Throughout your year, you’ll be working alongside industry experts who’ll guide and support you along your placement journey. Plus, they’ll encourage you to work on other side projects to boost your CV, like passing online certifications!
- Real Responsibility – You don’t have to worry about being the placement that gets stuck doing the coffee run! Right from the get-go, you’re thrown into the deep end and given real responsibility, being treated and respected just like all the other permanent employees are. You’re given tasks that influence the business’ reputation, success and growth, and your skills are hugely valued and appreciated.
- Enhanced Employment Prospects – Undertaking a placement year means you’ll be given real responsibilities and opportunities that will be both challenging and exciting. From this exposure, you’ll develop transferable skills that you just wouldn’t acquire at University, so it’ll stand you in good stead upon graduation!
- Unique Office Atmosphere – The friendly, young and energetic atmosphere here at ProspectSoft is something we feel makes us unique! We’re a supportive company that treasures every single employee. We’re a sociable bunch too that know how to have a great time both in the office, and outside the walls of work! Our Social Committee ensures there’s plenty of events going on throughout the year to provide all sorts of perks for our lovely employees.
- Pizza Fridays – Who doesn’t love Pizza? The last Friday of every month combines food and learning! Bringing the whole company together, we learn about the exciting features our Development team have been working on recently in the software, and simultaneously get to indulge in endless amounts of Domino’s pizza!
- Beer Friday – Every Friday, ProspectSoft finish work half an hour early, crack open the beer fridge and socialise! Employees can kick start their Fridays and choose a refreshing alcoholic or soft beverage they fancy, to sit back, relax and enjoy! We also love a good quiz!
- Departmental Socials – Each department often heads out for different socials after work. Whether it’s a curry night or getting involved in a sport such as trampolining or rock-climbing, every department loves to bring their teams together for a good laugh and sociable catch up! But socials don’t have to be set to individual departments; we like to mix! If the Dev team head out trampolining and the Marketing team fancy joining, then they’re always welcome – the more the merrier!
- Summer Events – ProspectSoft love to host a sunny BBQ, attend the Henley Royal Regatta, or organise afterwork drinks in the sunshine. Whatever they choose to do, ProspectSoft love a summer get together!
- Christmas Party – Every year, ProspectSoft host a Christmas party! The whole company gathers together for a night of celebrations…it’s a bash not to be missed!
- Placement Do’s – To welcome placements to ProspectSoft, the office head down to the local pub for a few drinks after their first day. It’s a great way for everyone to mingle and get to know each other! When the time comes to say goodbye, the company heads into Oxford for a leaving do, which involves plenty of food, drinks and dancing - it’s a great (and very emotional) send off!