Applications aren't open for this job yet. BUT, you can register your interest in applying - let the employer know you're intrigued!
We'll send word as soon as applications open.
So, if you see this icon on a job listing, it means you can register your interest.
This opportunity is open to students entering their second year of university in September 2019.
Looking to get real experience in all aspects of Marketing on your placement year? Then ProspectSoft’s Marketing role is not to be missed!
In the Marketing team, you’ll be encouraged to show your creative side when completing projects such as blog writing, creating infographics, designing merchandise, developing content for our websites, and much more! As a Marketing Assistant, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects, including the delivery of direct and digital marketing communications.
Reporting to our Head of Marketing, you will have a hands-on role and make a real impact on the business. Whether it be managing social media content across our company and placement platforms or generating new strategies to increase the number of qualified leads for our sales team, you’ll develop a strong understanding of B2B marketing and will develop your skills in both inbound and outbound marketing. Marketing efforts will be centred around online lead generation, with a real focus on attracting and converting high quality leads via several marketing channels.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Social Media – Managing ProspectSoft’s corporate and placement social media platforms, you’ll have the opportunity to develop social media campaigns to engage our audiences. You’ll also be reporting on and analysing social media data and results, as well as building and monitoring your own new strategies to improve results going forward.
- Email Marketing – Whether it be developing Email Marketing Campaigns for our customers or coming up with eye-catching designs for attracting new business, there’s plenty to get involved in! You’ll also be proofing and writing content, building targeted lists and reviewing campaign results.
- Copywriting – You’ll be tasked with creating exciting blogs to publish on both our corporate and placement websites, which will directly contribute towards our SEO efforts.
- Design Content – A Marketing placement will take a lead role in generating visual content for both our corporate and placement channels, such as creating banners, infographics and diagrams. You’ll be required to use Adobe software like Photoshop and Illustrator when producing design work (but don’t worry if you don’t have experience with these yet!).
- Video Content – This will involve you using programmes such as Camtasia, Adobe Premiere Pro and OBS Studio to create, edit and enhance videos. You’ll be required to upload videos to our YouTube channels and follow branding best practices throughout the creation process. You may even get the chance to film customer case studies on-site, develop promotional videos, and create engaging video adverts for us to use in our Google AdWords efforts too!
- Event Organisation & Co-ordination – You’ll be pivotal in assisting with any events ProspectSoft run or exhibit at. This will include liaising with venues, as well as designing and ordering merchandise/promotional material for attendees. You’ll also be able to attend industry events in London and go along to RateMyPlacement Sponsors Events/Awards; the Marketing role provides you with great networking opportunities!
- Website Management – You’ll have the responsibility of managing our placement and corporate websites, which will involve you creating new content to ensure sites are always up to date and engaging to our audiences, as well as delving into Google Analytics to gain key insights about our traffic.
- Award Applications – To stand out from the crowd and showcase the amazing functionality and features in our software solutions, we like to enter in for product awards each year. In this role, you’ll be developing the entire application, adhering to any guidelines set by the judges and shouting about our successes! Plus, you’ll be taking a lead role in creating our application for RateMyPlacement’s NUE Awards!
- Recruitment – There will be the opportunity to be selected as the next placement recruiter for Sales & Marketing roles. This will involve you managing the entire recruitment process; from CV and cover letter reviews and booking and conducting Telephone Interviews, to organising and running our Assessment Centre!
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification – Run by a very well respected, well-known SaaS company, HubSpot, this course will help you boost your marketing knowledge! You’ll learn about inbound marketing techniques, develop your understanding of core tactics, and advance your skills as an inbound marketer – it’s a great certification to add to your CV!
What you’ll need:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management & organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Enthusiastic approach & positive attitude at all times
- Creativity & design skills
- Completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement
- SMEs for the Win! – Providing you with an instant sense of belonging, working for ProspectSoft offers you a working environment like no other. Being able to build relationships and work closely with senior managers and Directors provides you with all the opportunities and skills that you need to fly high in the real world.
- Career Path – A placement with us will give you an excellent foundation knowledge and insight into the sector you’re working in and awareness of the working world. This will enable you to excel in your professional development, as well as enhance your employability skills.
- Personal Development – Managers and Directors at ProspectSoft want to ensure that you gain the most out of your placement. Throughout your year, you’ll be working alongside industry experts who’ll guide and support you along your placement journey. Plus, they’ll encourage you to work on other side projects to boost your CV, like passing online certifications!
- Real Responsibility – You don’t have to worry about being the placement that gets stuck doing the coffee run! Right from the get-go, you’re thrown into the deep end and given real responsibility, being treated and respected just like all the other permanent employees are. You’re given tasks that influence the business’ reputation, success and growth, and your skills are hugely valued and appreciated.
- Enhanced Employment Prospects – Undertaking a placement year means you’ll be given real responsibilities and opportunities that will be both challenging and exciting. From this exposure, you’ll develop transferable skills that you just wouldn’t acquire at University, so it’ll stand you in good stead upon graduation!
- Unique Office Atmosphere – The friendly, young and energetic atmosphere here at ProspectSoft is something we feel makes us unique! We’re a supportive company that treasures every single employee. We’re a sociable bunch too that know how to have a great time both in the office, and outside the walls of work! Our Social Committee ensures there’s plenty of events going on throughout the year to provide all sorts of perks for our lovely employees.
- Pizza Fridays – Who doesn’t love Pizza? The last Friday of every month combines food and learning! Bringing the whole company together, we learn about the exciting features our Development team have been working on recently in the software, and simultaneously get to indulge in endless amounts of Domino’s pizza!
- Beer Friday – Every Friday, ProspectSoft finish work half an hour early, crack open the beer fridge and socialise! Employees can kick start their Fridays and choose a refreshing alcoholic or soft beverage they fancy, to sit back, relax and enjoy! We also love a good quiz!
- Departmental Socials – Each department often heads out for different socials after work. Whether it’s a curry night or getting involved in a sport such as trampolining or rock-climbing, every department loves to bring their teams together for a good laugh and sociable catch up! But socials don’t have to be set to individual departments; we like to mix! If the Dev team head out trampolining and the Marketing team fancy joining, then they’re always welcome – the more the merrier!
- Summer Events – ProspectSoft love to host a sunny BBQ, attend the Henley Royal Regatta, or organise afterwork drinks in the sunshine. Whatever they choose to do, ProspectSoft love a summer get together!
- Christmas Party – Every year, ProspectSoft host a Christmas party! The whole company gathers together for a night of celebrations…it’s a bash not to be missed!
- Placement Do’s – To welcome placements to ProspectSoft, the office head down to the local pub for a few drinks after their first day. It’s a great way for everyone to mingle and get to know each other! When the time comes to say goodbye, the company heads into Oxford for a leaving do, which involves plenty of food, drinks and dancing - it’s a great (and very emotional) send off!