Finance & Business Information Analyst Placement
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our 12 month placement programme to support the Finance Team, based at our office in Elstree, Hertfordshire, working on a variety of projects.
The successful candidate will gain grounding in several areas of day to day business finance, providing ad-hoc financial information and analysis to various stakeholders to explain the performance of the business.
You will support the Merz Aesthetics Sales Director and Merz Therapeutics Business Unit Head, to provide sales data analytics, insight and recommendation for positive business change.
The main duties of the role involve the following:
- Inputting, maintaining, and analysing sales data.
- Commercial reporting and providing business insights.
- Supporting the development of sales force effectiveness reporting and the creation of a series of dashboards (internal/external).
- Management accounting, financial planning and analysis.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Purchase ledger and employee expenses.
Any other duties that management may deem, from time to time, to be necessary.
Note: This job description is a guide to the principal, current duties of the job. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
Experience & Qualifications
- Second Year Bachelor University Student seeking a placement and intending to return to full education after the placement.
- Studying finance, accounting or business (related) bachelor degree and achieved at least 2:1 to date.
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the role.
- The position requires a person with robust numerical, problem solving and analytical skills who is detail-oriented. Candidates must possess strong computer skills, including and advanced knowledge of excel.
- Candidates should have strong oral and written communication skills to deliver technical information in an easily understood manner across all departments in an organisation.
Profile of the Candidate
Technical Skills and abilities
- Outstanding Excel (Advanced) and PowerPoint skills
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Good problem solving / analytical skills
- An interest in business processes and systems (SAP ERP is a core system running through the organisation)
- Noted ability to translate data into information along with the ability to quickly and simply communicate complex issues
Emotional Skills and Abilities
- Organised and structured approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think analytically, creatively and make informed decisions
- Ability to cut through data “noise” and produce succinct and meaningful analysis and insights
- Passion for customer satisfaction coupled with a service provision mind-set
5 most important job specific skills
- Advanced Excel
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle several tasks at once
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – written and verbal
- Self-motivated, resilient with good energy levels
About Merz Aesthetics
Since creating one of the world’s first anti-wrinkle creams in 1953, Merz has been a driver of innovation in the fast-evolving field of aesthetic medicine. Merz Pharma is a privately held pharmaceutical company based in Frankfurt, Germany.
As part of the Merz Pharma Group, Merz Aesthetics (ABU) is active in research, development and distribution of innovative products in the areas of; aesthetic medicine and dermatology. Today, our products are used by healthcare professionals in more than 90 countries.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.