We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in procurement. Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire, this is a great opportunity to gain a real insight into the world of procurement and how it plays an important role in keeping a busy, fast-paced business running. The role will grow over the year and, as your confidence and skills improve, you’ll take on added responsibility that will stand you in great stead to tackle your last year at university and the world of work thereafter.
What you’ll do
- Form part of a high-performing procurement team, managing a spend of over £30m a year.
- Provide sites with a range of materials and subcontract services across the UK.
- Work in a fast paced environment, hitting short-term deadlines.
- Visit our construction sites and suppliers to see what life is like for them.
- Produce high-level reports on spend, utilisation and costs.
- Learn key negotiation skills and then implement them, engaging with various stakeholders to help us drive value.
- Fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
- Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity.
- Opportunity to work within a family-feel organisation with over 1500 employees.
- Wellbeing Package
- A Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
- Flexible start date
What you’ll bring
- Confidence, self-motivation and a strong work ethic.
- The ability to work in a busy office, working under pressure but in a light-hearted manner.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks at once – procurement is a busy department!
- Good IT skills - you must be IT literate.
- Strong people skills.
- Willingness to learn - you’ll sit with a supportive team who will work with you to improve your ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and negotiation skills.
- The paperwork: You must be studying a full time business-related degree and be eligible to work in the UK.
About JN Bentley
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover of £300 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 26% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1500 employee milestone for the very first time in 2018 and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 17,600 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.