Civil Engineer Placement
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in civil engineering.
What you’ll do
Working as a Civil Engineer will see your role have many responsibilities, with the key responsibilities below:
- Engineers will actively lead this initiative and will be responsible for monitoring the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan, maintaining as built records.
- Co-ordinate site engineering control activities to satisfy contract programme requirements, delegating or carrying out setting out as necessary.
- Ensure standard Company procedures are adopted in carrying out setting out operations as per the inspection and testing plan, and that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors.
- Carry out ‘as built’ surveys on completed works
- Assist the Site Manager in the initial site set-up, ensuring Company systems and procedures are in place and implemented.
- Support the Site Manager in maintaining and enforcing safety standards throughout the project
- Planning – support the site team in planning ahead and monitoring outputs
- Ensure company cost systems are kept up to data by logging material deliveries, managing and reviewing plant levels
- Assist the Site Manager and Quantity Surveying Department by compiling data to record resources utilised on each activity.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the site team, design team, support services and the supply chain to ensure successful project or milestone completion
- Fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
- Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity.
- Opportunity to work within a family-feel organisation with over 1500 employees.
- Wellbeing Package
- A Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
- Flexible start date
What you’ll bring
- You must be studying a full-time degree which is relevant to Civil Engineering, and be eligible to work in the UK.
- Confidence, motivation, plus the ability to handle multiple tasks and problem-solve.
- Excellent commercial awareness
- A positive attitude with an ability to work well under pressure
- Strong organisational, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
About JN Bentley
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover of £300 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 26% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1500 employee milestone for the very first time in 2018 and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 17,600 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.