Business Resilience Industrial Placement
- To work and learn within the Safety & Security, Process and Organisation unit of BSH GB and Ireland to assure all processes, organisation, Internal Risk Controls and BC matters are managed effectively and efficiently to support academic and corporate outcomes or to develop post graduate workplace experience.
- Promote P,O Internal Controls and BC good practice throughout the Business, in accordance with Company Policies and Regulations.
- Support BSH Internal Controls System Manager in controlling operational risk within processes
- Linking with Internal Stakeholders in order to understand & support their P,O, Internal Risk Control and BCM needs
- Maintenance of Internal Department Web-page
- Support Health and Safety activities;
- Participating and Presenting trainings on departmental related topics
- Maintenance of Department Metrics
- Where required, support all areas of the Business Services Team to ensure the smooth running of the Milton Keynes, Kettering & Ireland facilities, including the Conference & Training facilities
This role will best suit an enthusiastic Business resilience undergraduate with a passion to learn. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, team players and great communicators with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Successful completion of years 1 & 2 of an Honours Degree in Business Resilience/Risk/Emergency Planning/Disaster Management or similar with end of year result of 2:1
- Recently graduated with an Honours Degree as above with 2:1 or above or
- Hold an Honours Degree as above and currently enrolled onto a Post Graduate Course in risk/BCM related discipline.
- Employment history in a relevant occupation in paid or voluntary position in any industry
- Demonstrable academic and business writing skills
- Knowledge and Understanding of concepts and practices of enterprise risk management including Internal Controls, BCM and Disaster Management
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Ability to deliver high standards of work consistently under pressure; to maintain excellent attention to detail and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office, especially Visio, Excel and PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Web-based skills
- 25 Days holiday
- Subsidised on-site restaurant
- Potential Student housing available that live in excess of an hour’s commute away from Milton Keynes
- Access to Student training opportunities
BSH Home Appliances Ltd is responsible for all sales and marketing activities in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Its headquarters are based in Milton Keynes, with a state of the art warehouse and our Customer Service Centre in Kettering, a prestigious Gaggenau showroom in the heart of London as well as an office in Dublin, Ireland.
Through its four brands, Bosch, Siemens, Neff and Gaggenau, the company offers a complete range of kitchen appliances from cooking, laundry, dishwashing, cooling through to small appliances such as vacuum cleaners, kettles, irons and coffee makers.
Within the UK, BSH employs around 1,000 people across all its business divisions, from sales and marketing, financial control, logistics and planning through to customer service.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.