RB is the world’s leading health and hygiene company, responsible for renowned brands including Nurofen, Airwick and Optrex.
Research & Development (Lab based) Placement
What could your placement include?
- Providing technical input and supporting a range of developments in Scholl. For example, preparing products and documentation for testing with consumers across the footcare portfolio of creams, hard skin removal devices and nail care.
- pporting the team to deliver consumer preferred products in Optrex from the ideation stage through to launch in market. This could involve product development, solving technical challenges or project specific analytical testing.
- Developing new formulations for Strepsils or Nurofen, ordering in raw materials and learning how to use a variety of equipment along the way.
- Analysis of products, including: testing on equipment such as HPLC, spray pattern testing of aerosols or destruction testing of devices. Some of your time will be spent outside the lab, analysing results and writing reports.
- Supporting the Microbiology team with performing microbial quality preservative efficacy testing, and accurately reporting associated results, to support Research & Development (R&D) projects.
Why should you apply?
- Career path: This placement will give you a fantastic foundation of knowledge of RB and a unique insight into the workings of a global FMCG company.
- Role: You will be working in small teams across multiple departments, with lots of opportunities to get really stuck into different projects. You can expect hands-on responsibility from day 1.
- Personal Development: You will be working alongside highly experienced and knowledgeable industry experts, which will help you to develop a whole range of new skills.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: RB have a huge focus on social investment to build healthier communities and is committed to helping 400 million people improve their health and hygiene by 2020.
- Charity: RB Hull partners with a local charity to support community initiatives which are in-line with our global social impact strategy, focusing on sexual health & wellbeing, malnutrition & stunting and health & hygiene. As a Year in Industry placement student, you will have the opportunity to get involved in local fundraising activities during your placement year.
Who is best suited to this role?
- You must be studying any scientific degree, (including but not limited to Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology, Biomedical Science, Microbiology etc.) and be looking for a 12-month lab-based placement starting in July 2019.
- You should have scientific curiosity, good attention to detail and an interest in taking a product from the idea stage through to the shelf. This could mean you’ll be in the lab one day and doing desk-based research another.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.