RB is the world’s leading health and hygiene company, responsible for renowned brands including Nurofen, Airwick and Optrex.
Regulatory, Safety and Clinical (Non-Lab based) Placement
What could your placement include?
- Helping the Global Regulatory Affairs team, working to implement specific rules and regulations that exist for all RB products to be sold around the globe and ensuring compliance is met at all stages of product development.
- Collaborating closely with key stakeholders internationally to understand market specific requirements and national health authorities.
- Preparing and submitting key regulatory dossiers for a number of different product classifications.
- Working with the Consumer Safety team to ensure all products are safe for consumers to use.
- Guiding the business towards safer choices in product designs, safety labelling, ingredients and packaging materials.
- Supporting RB’s toxicologists in working closely with project teams to apply scientific principles and consistent consumer safety standards in order to build in safety throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Supporting Clinical Study Managers who conduct clinical trials to establish safety and effectiveness of new products; such as drugs, medical devices or cosmetics.
- Gaining insights into the strict regulatory requirements for conducting clinical trials and the processes to protect human subjects participating in them.
Why should you apply?
- Career path: This placement will give you a fantastic foundation of knowledge of RB and a unique insight into the workings of a global FMCG company.
- Role: You will be working in small teams across multiple departments, with lots of opportunities to get really stuck into different projects. You can expect hands-on responsibility from day 1.
- Personal Development: You will be working alongside highly experienced and knowledgeable industry experts, which will help you to develop a whole range of new skills
- Corporate Social Responsibility: RB have a huge focus on social investment to build healthier communities and is committed to helping 400 million people improve their health and hygiene by 2020.
- Charity: RB Hull partners with a local charity to support community initiatives which are in-line with our global social impact strategy, focusing on sexual health & wellbeing, malnutrition & stunting and health & hygiene. As a Year in Industry placement student, you will have the opportunity to get involved in local fundraising activities during your placement year.
Who is best suited to this role?
- You must be studying any scientific degree, (including but not limited to Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Biomedical Science etc.) and be looking for a 12-month non lab-based placement starting in July 2019.
- You will have strong attention to detail and an interest in the compliance and regulation side of the business. These roles are office-based, so your focus will be on analysing data and communicating findings.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.