Cummins are global leaders in the diesel engine, alternative fuel, power generation, turbocharging and emissions solutions markets.
With manufacturing plants in 14 countries, 55,000 employees, turnover of $18 billion in 2016, you would be joining an organisation that offers flexible career paths and opportunities on a global basis.
Cummins is the only team of dependable, innovative individuals that work in a diverse, inclusive,ethics-based environment who create and deliver the world’s leading engine technology while developing careers doing impactful, collaborative work, empowering them to make a positive contribution to a global population in need of clean power solutions.
Supply Chain Management Placement
- Analyse and interpret data to draw conclusions to improve business processes
- Responsibility for managing demand for $m global accounts supported by an Account Team
- Using Six Sigma Project tools and methodology to meet customer requirements
- Create innovative solutions to drive improvements in current processes
- Material Planning - Manage the balance of supply and demand to optimise business results
- Exposure to working in a global environment
- Exposure to global logistics / sales & marketing / supply chain finance
- Ensuring working policies and procedures are maintained
- Preparing key performance indicators and presenting to senior management
- Help deliver Supply Chain department initiatives.
- Deliver fundraising events to support the Darlington Engine Plant's commitment to corporate responsibility by serving our local community.
Applicants must be working towards a degree in Business Studies, Supply Chain or Logistics.
- Good communication skills
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised
- Be a team player as well as be able to work proactively and independently
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office software
- Full understanding of Supply Chain Management incorporating the following:
- Order management - from initial customer forecast to final payment
- Commercial awareness
- Supply Chain – Product Creation, Planning, Production Control, Shipping, Finance
- Communication skills with “live” experience in a fast paced environment
- Facilitated learning by regular mentoring & focussed coaching sessions
- Gain valuable knowledge and skills that can be practically applied in future career
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the link below.