Cummins are global leaders in the diesel engine, alternative fuel, power generation, turbocharging and emissions solutions markets.
With manufacturing plants in 14 countries, 55,000 employees, turnover of $18 billion in 2016, you would be joining an organisation that offers flexible career paths and opportunities on a global basis.
Cummins is the only team of dependable, innovative individuals that work in a diverse, inclusive,ethics-based environment who create and deliver the world’s leading engine technology while developing careers doing impactful, collaborative work, empowering them to make a positive contribution to a global population in need of clean power solutions.
Materials & Logistics Placement
The placement will involve either specific project work, elements of an ongoing job role or more likely a combination of both. This will include opportunities to work within a Supply Chain team to develop production planning, inventory controls and associated process improvements.
- Working with Materials, Demand Management, Account Management, Warehousing and Operations to ensure efficient management of production plans & inventory control processes.
- Supporting functional team members to improve internal processes for inventory management including 3PL inventory tracking, co-ordinating and releasing assembly line production plans.
- Resolving problems identified by internal team members and supported functions.
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop and improve foundational planning & control.
- Manipulating and using data to establish the basis for actions.
- Sourcing information, interpreting, developing and implementing solutions to achieve results by agreed deadlines.
- Assisting the department to achieve its business goals; and
- Representing and promoting Cummins Turbo Technologies and the department internally and externally to Customers and Suppliers.
- Working towards a degree in an appropriate discipline (Business Studies, Supply Chain, Transportation & Logistics) which includes modules in production / manufacturing systems, supply chain, Inventory controls and an emphasis on numerical skills.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing or commercial environment would be an advantage although not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills.
- Ambition, flexibility and confidence coupled with creativity and imagination.
- A desire to learn with a willingness to take on responsibility.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the link below.