About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio and proven leadership to be the world’s leading enterprise technology company. We are a market leader in hybrid infrastructure, services and cloud.
We don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Sales Support Placement
When you join the HPE Intern programme (placement) you will be part of a sociable and supportive community of around 50 other interns. The office is a relaxed, open plan environment with experienced and approachable colleagues who will constantly offer support to help you reach your full potential. The year will be more than just a placement as the responsibilities you hold will have an impact on HPE’s success. You will mix with all levels of employees and, where appropriate, be given the opportunity to shadow people, visit customers and go to events.
Its currently an exciting time to join the HPE community as we continue our development with our recent company split (the largest split in history).
This particular department focuses on delivering secure, reliable services whilst enabling rapid business transformation. HPE is a global market leading IT company, focused on providing the New Style of IT by delivering solutions around Cloud, Security, Mobility and Big Data.
Day to Day?
- Assisting the sales team on managing their sales opportunities - This can include your involvement in the order booking process, aiding your sales team on individual accounts and managing account lists
- Forecasting and reporting - The role will involve building and executing against account plans, providing regular value-based reporting and you will be responsible for scheduling and running account review meetings
- Project work - There will be opportunities within the role for the individual to be involved with a series of small and large scale tasks involving a variety of hp departments.
Education & Experience:
- We are looking for high calibre candidates that are ideally studying a business orientated degree at University and are expected to achieve a minimum of a 2:1 grade.
- A confident candidate who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and can lead by example even in the most demanding of situations.
- You will be working in a constantly changing and fast paced environment therefore you must present skills that show your willingness to adapt to any situation that may arise. Being keen and a willingness to jump in is key.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint is essential. Experience in database management would be beneficial.
- No primary experience in sales is necessary however, you must have solid record of past work experience and/or participation in meaningful extra-curricular activities.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, with the patience to build upon their current knowledge.
- High level communication skills are essential, both verbally and written.
- Must be willing, adaptable and positive – this fast paced environment requires individuals who are enthusiastic even in challenging situations.
- Being committed to the role and achieving the best of your ability.
Additional support and training will be given whenever needed to help develop the individual’s personal skills
Although HPE want the best from you, we want you to get the best from us. HPE can offer you:
- A real working environment where you can experience real business
- The opportunity to contribute and make a difference to the way we work
- Exposure to people in the technology industry and an opportunity to grow your employee network
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.