In over 200 countries worldwide, we create technologies that take society further. How? Through electrification, digitalization and automation. We’ve reduced congestion in cities by 20% using intelligent real-time traffic data; we’ve built offices using nothing but a 3D printer; we’ve created software that communicates with turbines in the middle of the ocean; and we helped NASA develop the Curiosity rover and land it safely on Mars.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Mechanical Engineering Internships
We have a number of different exciting engineering opportunities in our Lincoln office, you will be asked to specify in your application which roles you would like to be considered for, below is a short summary of each:
- Service applications engineering internship - The department has a requirement to review, fix and record work done in relation to fault reports that are raised on Mods and Ups (retrofit) projects. You will work alongside the engineer using your project management and planning skills for this role. Degree required for role: working towards a 2:2 or above in a Technical degree, no specific discipline.
- Overhaul Engineering Internship – You will work on manufacturing project assignments, supervise technicians as well as giving guidance to operatives, you will respond to and resolve production demands using your innovative problem solving skills and prepare, plan and deliver assigned manufacturing projects to budget, quality and timescales. Degree required for this role: working towards a 2:2 or above in Mechanical Engineering.
- Product Management Internship - As an Engineer in the Product Management Group, working with experienced engineers you will be responsible for undertaking engineering co-ordination and supporting tasks associated with standard gas turbine equipment (Core Engine and Auxiliary Systems) and the adaptations required to support project specific requirements. Degree required for this role: Mechanical Engineering.
- Mechanical Design Engineering Internship - As a Mechanical Design Engineer, working with experienced engineers you will be responsible for undertaking mechanical engineering design work associated with standard gas turbine package equipment. The work involves concept, basic & detail design work applicable to gas turbine package auxiliary equipment and systems. Degree required: working towards a 2:2 or above in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Product Integrity Internship – You will work with all business teams in the management and problem resolution of product issues occurring throughout the product lifecycle, responsible for communicating and resolving technical issues within all business teams in the interest of profitability and customer satisfaction. You will support the analysis and reporting of fleet data to identify and recommend priority and issues to be resolved. Degree required: You will be studying towards a 2:2 or above in a science or engineering discipline (with an emphasis on analytics)
Here’s what it takes to join some of the worlds brightest minds:
- A positive can-do attitude
- Results orientated
- A positive approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident with communicating at all levels
- Excellent presentational skills
- Good leadership skills
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.